News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Let's sit around the virtual camp fire and share scary bible stories.

Started by MatureMcLeod, October 21, 2016, 03:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

Im lucky I didnt read the bible when i was a kid. I would have been scarred for life!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Magdalena

Quote from: MariaEvri on October 25, 2016, 05:49:01 PM
Im lucky I didnt read the bible when i was a kid. I would have been scarred for life!
I'm lucky too.  :shifty:
A few years ago I read, The Book of Revelation, for the first time in my life, and I was like... :twitch:    :wtf:    :worried:

It made me angry to see how much God hates our guts. That's when I developed an attitude:
"If you are real..."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Essie Mae

Weirdly, very weirdly, it never occurred to me that God as portrayed in the bible was just wrong. It was always me who didn't measure up. It's all so sad, especially as Recusant says, for those still labouring under the burden.  But hey, I'm with HAF now, and happy.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Ok gather round children.

There was a guy who made some people out of sand then told him not to touch his stash but they did anyway, then he scared the hell out of them and kicked them out. Then he made them have kids, and those kids have kids with each other. Then the guy who made the first two sand people demand that all sand people give him tribute or be sent to hell. In these tributes, you have to give up all your secrets and privacy, but you don't have that with him anyway because he is spying on everyone already and knows you so well, he knows what you're going to do before you do it. And if you don't measure up to his confusing standards, he will send you to burn forever, in a crowded, underground lake of fire.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

MariaEvri

QuoteA few years ago I read, The Book of Revelation, for the first time in my life, and I was like...
I am reading the bible now and didn;t get to that part yet
Although I read parts to know that the writter is one sick f$ck
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Magdalena

Quote from: MariaEvri on October 26, 2016, 04:49:58 PM
QuoteA few years ago I read, The Book of Revelation, for the first time in my life, and I was like...

Oh, don't worry, they definitely saved the best for last.  ;D

:secrets1: I don't want to tell you how the book ends, but I am gonna say that it ends with a Big Boom! Big Badaboom!

--That's all I'm saying.  :nu-uh:

Dragonia

Quote from: Magdalena on October 27, 2016, 04:58:49 AM
Quote from: MariaEvri on October 26, 2016, 04:49:58 PM

Oh, don't worry, they definitely saved the best for last.  ;D

:secrets1: I don't want to tell you how the book ends, but I am gonna say that it ends with a Big Boom! Big Badaboom!

--That's all I'm saying.  :nu-uh:

But not to worry! Because God will make a NEW heaven and a NEW Earth, after all the nastiness! Yay! ::)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Asmodean

Will a person still be able to beat disobedient wives (plural) and children, The Asmo wonders... :???:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on October 27, 2016, 02:06:58 PM
Will a person still be able to beat disobedient wives (plural) and children, The Asmo wonders... :???:

What if this time, god makes a woman first and she convinces (Adam) that only she can eat from the tree of knowledge and that god is a woman...and he believes her.  :lol:
Magdalena wonders...:???:

God hasn't tried that yet, he should. I'm sure we wouldn't abuse our power.  :devil2:

Essie Mae

Could I have just a couple if fit slaves though? Could I? I'd treat them well.

Recusant

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 29, 2016, 12:30:22 AM
Could I have just a couple if fit slaves though? Could I? I'd treat them well.

Hmm, somehow I don't think Uncle Bert (Bertrand Russell) would approve.  ;) He might still be your friend, though, even then.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Essie Mae

Ah well, I'm probably too old for a couple of fit blokes anyway. They can have their freedom.😔