News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

John Kasich complaining about Daniel Radcliffe

Started by Firebird, September 08, 2016, 04:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sandra Craft

Oh well, at least he got one thing right by being a Trump detractor.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Plenty of Republicans and many Democrats viewed John Kasich as the best of the candidates trying for the Republican nomination for President of the United States. He may actually have been the least objectionable candidate on the Republican side, depending on your views, but I never really considered him a good choice for the office. His latest appearance in the news cycle shows one of the reasons for my position--he's a small-minded Christian blowhard.

"John Kasich on Daniel Radcliffe: 'What the hell is wrong with him?'" | The Boston Globe

QuoteSo John Kasich walks into a bookstore. And somehow a celebrity beef ensues.

Kasich — the Republican governor of Ohio, former presidential candidate and current Donald Trump detractor - was on a tour of downtown Exeter, New Hampshire, last week with gubernatorial candidate Chris Sununu, the son of former Sen. John Sununu. The political entourage walked into a local bookstore, and Kasich happened upon a copy of Harry Potter. This is when things got weird.

''You know that Daniel Radcliffe has declared himself an atheist?'' Kasich said, apropos of nothing, according to a report in the Concord Monitor. ''I'm serious. What a weird thing. Why would a guy who has had all that success just, I mean, what the hell is wrong with him?''

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

:rofl:
Oh, some people...

Excuse me while I collect my sides.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

In my most generous mode, I will posit that Kasich could  have meant that Radcliffe was shooting himself in the foot by revealing his least advantageous sales tool.  Naaah!  Never mind, Kasich was probably doing the xtian thing.

No one

Well, in his defense, being a politician being so full of deceit, corruption, dishonesty, deception, treachery, and hypocrisy leaves little room for rational thinking or common sense.

Recusant

Threads merged. My apologies for failing to find yours, Firebird--I should have looked in "Current Events" as well as "Politics."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Firebird

Quote from: Recusant on September 09, 2016, 08:43:02 AM
Threads merged. My apologies for failing to find yours, Firebird--I should have looked in "Current Events" as well as "Politics."

No worries!  :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱