News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

New HBO Series - Westworld

Started by xSilverPhinx, August 30, 2016, 11:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

This looks great!  8)

I need something to fill the Game of Thrones sized hole in my life and this might be it! :jumps:

Thoughts?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Could be cool... looks dark.

Hope they have a small homage to Yul in it somewhere.

xSilverPhinx

Kekerusey

It looks good and being HBO it actually ought to be good but I will reserve judgement until after I've seen it, there have been so many crappy remakes.

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Davin

I want to see it, I liked the original. I remember there being a book, but I think it was written for the movie or was at least mostly based off of the script. I never read it. I think Crichton wrote both the movie and the book.

But this one looks at least as dark, but probably will throw more focus on things only hinted at or presented in short shots in the movie. I guess I'll just have to wait a month to find out.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I watched the original, kind of weird but I liked it.

I haven't read the book but based on the trailer for the series, it seems they're going to diverge quite a bit from the original, which isn't a bad thing. Plus it's got Anthony Hopkins in it so what could go wrong? :grin:

xSilverPhinx

The first episode premiers today, can't wait! :grin:

Kekerusey

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 02, 2016, 10:49:29 PMThe first episode premiers today, can't wait!

Tuesday here but I will wait until Wednesday morning when I'm on my exercise bike to watch it :)

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Asmodean

The Asmo wants Killjoys to have more episodes per season.  :( Also, He wants more Z-nation.  :( Generally, more zombies for The Asmo.  :(

...He's into light stuff currently. Easy-watching and what have you.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Pasta Chick

So who's actually watching? Because last nights episode. Omg.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 14, 2016, 09:45:16 PM
So who's actually watching? Because last nights episode. Omg.

I really have to get round to it. Good series so far? 

Pasta Chick

I absolutely love it. For the first time in a long time, I have no idea where a show is going with their story line and I love it. I've called some minor things, (ok one major one but no spoilers), but I still don't know how it will apply to the overall plot.

The only complaints I've heard are that it's "too slow", and yes, it does take more than an 8 second attention span to watch. And that it's just weird. And yes, it's sci-fi with a whole fuckton of moral ambiguity. That shit is indeed weird.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 14, 2016, 11:17:32 PM
I absolutely love it. For the first time in a long time, I have no idea where a show is going with their story line and I love it. I've called some minor things, (ok one major one but no spoilers), but I still don't know how it will apply to the overall plot.

The only complaints I've heard are that it's "too slow", and yes, it does take more than an 8 second attention span to watch. And that it's just weird. And yes, it's sci-fi with a whole fuckton of moral ambiguity. That shit is indeed weird.

I love weird! :popcorn: Looks like it's just as awesome as I thought it'd be. :smilenod:

Pasta Chick

I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I highly recommend at least 2 episodes. Honestly I was hooked on the opening credits alone. Just so beautifully done.

And Anthony Hopkins is amazing as always.

If anyone else is watching, I'd totally start a spoilers thread to discuss.

Davin

I'm liking it so far. Apart from the story, what I like about it, is that it doesn't do a lot of the editing things that normally bother me. I think it's just going along at a nice and steady pace.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.