News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by chimp3, February 28, 2016, 11:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp3

I am a 56 year old male who works as a registered nurse. My first experience with atheism was at 13 years old. I stood outside and imagined the song "Imagine". No hell below me , above me only sky. It was comforting. Still is. Looks like a great forum.
I doubt it!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Claireliontamer

OldGit

Greetings and welcome, chimp3!  Join in and tell us about yourself.

Tank

Hi from another 56 year old male. Never theist. And don't do any thing as exciting as being a nurse!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

Well I'm only 51, so hopefully the huge age gap between us won't cause any generational issues during discussions, but I'm fairly patient with other older members here and seem to get along just fine with them.

Right Tank, Recusant, Icarus, Mags...OldGit?

Seriously though, welcome to the forum.  8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

Welcome to the club, chimp3. What happened to chimp1 and 2?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, chimp3. We used to have a staff boilerplate welcome/intro that included a link to the rules of the site, but due to a change in policy the main reason for that boilerplate no longer exists. Anyway, I included a link above.

I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here.   :)

:animwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

chimp3

Thanks for the friendly welcome. Bruno de la Pole : Chimps 1 and 2 are still around. Chimpanzee and Bonobo!
I doubt it!

Bad Penny

Quote from: chimp3 on March 02, 2016, 10:55:28 AM
Thanks for the friendly welcome. Bruno de la Pole : Chimps 1 and 2 are still around. Chimpanzee and Bonobo!

What a depressingly dull answer, you're just another human.
We've already got so many of those.
I'd prefer chimps 1 & 2 to be floating in a most peculiar way,
or Strung out in heaven's high, hitting an all-time low.
Sorry, it's just that Sparky The Space Chimp was formative for me.
http://dreamsofspace.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/sparky-space-chimp-1967.html

chimp3

Sorry! Wish I had super powers but I do not.
I doubt it!

Bluenose

Gidday Chimp3, welcome to the forum. You'll fit right in here even if we're a weird lot. At least we don't bite. Much.  ;)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

chimp3

You will find me to be weird cousin.
I doubt it!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey