News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Talk About Star Wars With All the Spoilers You Want

Started by Pasta Chick, December 19, 2015, 03:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 12, 2017, 04:24:39 PM
In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the new trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi...this looks interesting, and I can't wait to see the movie.

My son and I were discussing it last night, and he thinks that Kylo Ren will ultimately, like Darth Vader before him turn good at some point, or at least do something of value to try and ease his conscience for killing his father.
He also thinks that Rey will be tempted by the dark side, but like Luke she will stay on the light side.

Something to look forward to this winter.

Can't wait! :jumps:

QuoteOh, and I thought this was good.

"LUKE",...I AM MY OWN FATHER"!

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Pretty good... but I think I can do without the cutesy bird thing in the Chewy scene.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on October 20, 2017, 06:40:45 PM
Pretty good... but I think I can do without the cutesy bird thing in the Chewy scene.

Hopefully it isn't going to be like another Jar Jar Binks.  ::)

joeactor

Star Wars song "Ode to Obi-Wan"!
(as heard on Dr. Demento and The FuMP)
Like and Share! (I'll give you a cookie ;-) )

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on November 20, 2017, 02:45:12 PM

:clapping:

Fun! :grin:

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 20, 2017, 08:04:41 PM
Quote from: joeactor on November 20, 2017, 02:45:12 PM

:clapping:

Fun! :grin:

Thanks!  the illustrator did a super job...

SisterAgatha

Not a fan of it at all.

It is desperately unoriginal and wedded to milking the success of Star Wars from 30 + years ago.

Its a bad sign when they characters in theirs 60s-70s are more memorable than the hip young ones.

I know Hollywood loves to revive old franchises, but I do think the Star Wars Franchise is milked just about dry..

joeactor

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 21, 2017, 05:13:05 PM
Not a fan of it at all.

It is desperately unoriginal and wedded to milking the success of Star Wars from 30 + years ago.

Its a bad sign when they characters in theirs 60s-70s are more memorable than the hip young ones.

I know Hollywood loves to revive old franchises, but I do think the Star Wars Franchise is milked just about dry..

I think it started to go off the rails with the "director's cut" versions of the original 3 movies. Just got worse from there.

The new ones are better, though. Worth a look, I think.

Pasta Chick

I think fans need to accept that a groan-worthy, cutesy species is just part of the Star Wars package (although Jar Jar was unacceptable on a lot of levels). It's a love-to-hate sort of deal and ultimately I think it makes the movies more accessible to younger crowds.

BF and I have put in for the 15th off to hit a matinee and get dinner  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Pasta Chick

I just got back! Is there an agreed upon spoiler date? Or shall we just go for it given the thread title?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 15, 2017, 09:11:59 PM
I just got back! Is there an agreed upon spoiler date? Or shall we just go for it given the thread title?

Well, technically this is a spoiler thread, so I guess go ahead!

I'll read whatever you have written when I get back, and hopefully have a bunch of good things to say about the film. :grin: