News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Good Films.

Started by Tank, October 17, 2015, 10:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

^ Yeah I loved that film! I would recommend it.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 15, 2017, 12:34:36 PM
Poor Rocket 'Trash Panda!'
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on May 15, 2017, 01:16:41 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 15, 2017, 12:34:36 PM
Poor Rocket 'Trash Panda!'

:lol:

Rocket and little Groot are my favourites.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Davin

"A spoon full of Sugar? You don't need no sugar. How about this, if you kids don't take your damn medicine, I'll let the crew eat you!"
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

I watched Conspiracy last night. It's about the meeting in Berlin where the nazis decided to eliminate the Jews. Some of the acting was bland while a few characters really shined. Colin Firth was really good. So was the fellow who played the SS chief. Can't remember either the actor or the characters name. Worth an hour and a half.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 23, 2017, 02:22:09 AM
I watched Conspiracy last night. It's about the meeting in Berlin where the nazis decided to eliminate the Jews. Some of the acting was bland while a few characters really shined. Colin Firth was really good. So was the fellow who played the SS chief. Can't remember either the actor or the characters name. Worth an hour and a half.

I tried to watch that back in 2001 but was bored out of my wits. It entirely takes place in a single room, right? Maybe now that I'm older it's worth giving it another shot.

jumbojak

One room and a few shots around the house. Certainly not for everyone but I found it worth the time.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

I watched Snowden a week or two ago with my Dad. Very enjoyable and I think they did a good job explaining how the whole spying system worked/works. They had a suprise ending that I think is a nice touch also.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

Velma

Raise the Red Lantern: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101640/

Set in 1920's China. A young woman becomes the fourth wife of a wealth man. Each night he is home, he shows which wife he will be sleeping with that night by hanging a red lantern in front of her house in the compound. That attention brings with it privilege, power, and status. Eventually, the scheming for that attention gets out of hand.

It is a visually beautiful movie and emotionally compelling. It is also on Roger Ebert's "Great Movies" list.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Arturo

Most people I know don't know about this film series. Which is saying something considering the internet is here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasm_(film)

It's a great film from the 70s with the 5th and final movie that came out last year.

I have not seen them all. Only the first and third. So I plan to watch them all the way through when I get my computer going.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

^^^I have seen that movie. Although I have a few scenes burned into my memory, I should try to find it and watch it again.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan