News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

The World is Flat?

Started by Jesster85, February 23, 2008, 04:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Quote from: "Mister Joy"there's also a growing Earth theory.

Er, actually that is what i meant, haha!

(was a long time ago when i watched the vid - stoopid memory)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

myleviathan

There was a religious sect/cult/whatever that lived in this area of Florida during the early 20th century called the Koreshans. I've kayaked past their former headquarters in Bonita Springs many times. They thought that Bonita Springs, FL was going to be the exact location where a heavenly kingdom would be established. The heavenly capital, if you will.

One of the many interesting things about this cult was their scientific theory that the ground we stand on is actually the outer surface of the earth. So when you look up at the stars, you're actually looking into the earth. In other words, if the universe is a big ball, we're on the outer surface of the ball. And when we look up we look into the ball. Does this make any sense?? They would go out on the beach to try and prove this with long wooden slats somehow.

Here's a link to their website: http://koreshan.mwweb.org/
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err