News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The World is Flat?

Started by Jesster85, February 23, 2008, 04:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesster85

When I found this I had to share. In Iraq they debate very serious topics.

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1684.htm
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."-Richard Dawkins

filip3rd

Muhammad was iliterate, he copied his Quranic verse from Bible and Torah which also indicated that the Earth is Flat. Just like when you cheat at a test and you copy from some one that has also the answers wrong. Clear indication that Muhmmad did not speak to God or God forgot to tell him that !!!
“Anarchism, really stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government.”

jcm

More great debate on this subject.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

Mister Joy

Oh this is a really difficult discussion for me.... my personal opinion is that it's round, but it's difficult not to offend people with such a radical view point, you know? It just makes more sense to me, as an individual, based purely on what I've seen and experienced. I acknowledge the possibility that I could be wrong and am sorry if I offend; I wouldn't want anyone to feel 'persecuted'.

As bloody if. That people of such epic retardation exist, alone, makes me feel sick. The crushing reality that many of these people are respected, influential &/or powerful enough to get air time on TV makes me want to vomit out my own humanity and flush it down the toilet; the shame is just too much to bear.

LARA

I'm can tell you it's round and see that it is round, but actually I believe it to be an elliptical donut-shaped tube.

;)
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

jaymayo

No, that's not true! it's not elliptical donut-shaped tube, it's an oblong shaped gigantic meatball that stinks of sulfur and oregano. All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his Noodly Appendage! "S-Allah-mi Akh-Barbeque!!!"
If you see God, tell him he owes me money and an apology.

SteveS

On a related note, my family and I watched the full lunar eclipse last week (it was either Tuesday or Wednesday - I've forgotten already), and stark evidence of the shape of the Earth presented itself in the form of the curved (i.e. round) shadow that was cast on the moon.  Anyone with eyes (that work reasonably well) could clearly perceive that the shadow was circular.

Plus, its sort of amazing those GPS satellites work if the Earth is flat.......

jassi4010709

HEY, YOU MORONS.....THE WORLD IS FLAT!!!

ITS FLAT I TELL YOU....FLAT ...FLAT....FLAAAATTTTTTT
(on paper)

karadan

You guys seriously need to visit the flat earth society forum. There are some unique members in that place.

I can understand when someone says 'I don't believe in God but i accept the fact that i may be wrong', but i CANNOT accept the fact that there is a possibility the world is flat. It cannot be possible at all. Not one dime. Zilch. Nada.

Some of those nut-job's answers to simple questions like 'How come you can see the curvature of the earth over a wide bay?' (this question is purely logical - you cannot see waves breaking the other side because of the curvature of the earth).
One of the answers i received to this question was 'The giant space mirrors the government put into space distort the image making you think that the earth is round'...
Apparently there is this giant conspiracy led by shadowy people who've led the world to believe the Earth is infact spherical for their own evil needs. Chumps.

Seriously... It is like trying to argue with a child in that place. Actually stump someone with credible scientific data and they basically turn around and go 'NER NERR NER NERRR NERR YOU ARE WRONG LAA LA LA LAAA LAA!!'

If only i was Richard Branson. I'd grab one of these offenders, take them to the stratosphere in one of my enormous balloons and throw them out at just the right point where the earth can be seen as a sphere. Obviously i would not furnish them with a parachute.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

karadan

Quote from: "SteveS"On a related note, my family and I watched the full lunar eclipse last week (it was either Tuesday or Wednesday - I've forgotten already), and stark evidence of the shape of the Earth presented itself in the form of the curved (i.e. round) shadow that was cast on the moon.  Anyone with eyes (that work reasonably well) could clearly perceive that the shadow was circular.

Plus, its sort of amazing those GPS satellites work if the Earth is flat.......

It's the giant space mirrors dude. They make the Earth look round.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

SteveS

Quote from: "karadan"It's the giant space mirrors dude. They make the Earth look round.
Ah crap!  I knew I was forgetting something.  Damn space mirrors.....
;)

myleviathan

How about hollow. Has anybody ever heard of the hollow earth theory? That's pretty interesting as well.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

jassi4010709

Quote from: "myleviathan"How about hollow. Has anybody ever heard of the hollow earth theory? That's pretty interesting as well.

yeah, i heard about it.

if you go onto youtube, looking for something called "the sounds of hell" or something like that.....theres a myth about christians finding their way down to hell with a microphone through cave excavation in siberia.

it was proven nonsense, but laughably funny non the less

karadan

Lawl.

There is also a shrinking earth theory. Check that out on youtube. IRREFUTABLE PROOF!!!

Apparently....

:D

Mister Joy

there's also a growing Earth theory.