Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on August 13, 2016, 11:40:21 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 13, 2016, 11:23:50 AM
Thanks Gloucester. I took a pain med and it's not as bad today. I didn't even feel half as drowsy as I thought I would, there could be something psychosomatic going on there...
I seem to be a bit sedative and pre-med resistant. Probably psychosomatic in that I hate not seeing what the technology does and how they use it and not knowing shat the procedure entails.

Needed relief surgery on my carpal tunnel nerve, both hands years apart in two different places. First time it was a general, second a local. I wanted to watch the actual op but the surgeon would not let me! Strange thing was with the difference in place and time it was the same surgeon! I was heavily sedated for my first ICD implant. When that went wrong and had to be replaced my favourite cardiologist did the job. I told him I had watched the op on Youtube already so he did not sedate me and described the whole procedure. Still would not let me watch though . . .

Carpal tunnel nerve...  :ouch: Sounds painful!

Maybe they think everyone freaks out at the sight of their own blood and skin being sliced?
:notsure: I haven't thought much about it, but I would probably watch a surgery, just out of curiosity. Every time I go to the dentist I think it's a pity I can't see what they're doing!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 13, 2016, 10:03:42 PM
Try to imagine pins-and-needles in your fingers, especially at night, of such an intensity that you would kiss the person who took an axe to your wrist!

Caused by thickening of the transverese carpal ligament putting pressure on the nerves, running below the crease at the bottom  of the "life" line, that feed some of the fingers. They just make a skin cut along that line then cut the ligament and then sew up the skin. The ligament regrows in a more relaxed state and the scar is lost in the crease line.

Can come back though. Women, and pneumatic drill operator and scramble motorcycle riders,  suffer this most.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on August 13, 2016, 10:31:10 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 13, 2016, 10:03:42 PM
Try to imagine pins-and-needles in your fingers, especially at night, of such an intensity that you would kiss the person who took an axe to your wrist!

Caused by thickening of the transverese carpal ligament putting pressure on the nerves, running below the crease at the bottom  of the "life" line, that feed some of the fingers. They just make a skin cut along that line then cut the ligament and then sew up the skin. The ligament regrows in a more relaxed state and the scar is lost in the crease line.

Can come back though. Women, and pneumatic drill operator and scramble motorcycle riders,  suffer this most.

:la la la la: Nope, don't want to imagine it!

:P

I hope I never get it. Like most people (I assume), I'm not a fan of pain.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I haven't seen my brother since he and his girlfriend moved to Indianapolis over a month ago and I really really miss them.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on August 14, 2016, 05:19:59 AM
I haven't seen my brother since he and his girlfriend moved to Indianapolis over a month ago and I really really miss them.
:therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Quote from: Buddy on August 14, 2016, 05:19:59 AM

:-\

I remember you guys didn't always get along. At least that's changed, I guess?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Buddy

Oh yeah, we get along much better when we don't live together. Plus he's a been bit less of a douche these last couple of years.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Arturo

I have no reason to be grumpy.  :dance:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Tank

I just got knocked down be an over friendly American Bull Dog. Not so much the pain but the humiliation!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

They're like a huge walking bricks--not surprising that an enthusiastic one overbalanced you.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on August 15, 2016, 08:28:04 PM
They're like a huge walking bricks--not surprising that an enthusiastic one overbalanced you.
I knew the dog and the owner which is probably why it ran at me  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on August 15, 2016, 09:18:09 PM
Quote from: Recusant on August 15, 2016, 08:28:04 PM
I knew the dog and the owner which is probably why it ran at me  ;D
All I get is tripped up by my friend's Yorkie when it hurtles to greet me. Learned to stand still now.

Did get knocked over by a peacock once, those things have a vicious kick for their size, got me in the knees.

Firebird

The day my in-laws came to visit, my mother-in-law had caught a cold. It's been slowly spreading amongst all of us, to my father-in-law, my wife, and then my parents. Luckily my sister-in-law and I have avoided it.
Until last night. Feeling kinda crappy  :'( Basically been sitting home way more than we expected thanks to this.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Mr. B

Just watched Batman vs. Superman last night. I would very much like to have that time I wasted back. On the brighter side, as I was writing this comment a little humming bird just flew up and sniffed around close enough to me that I could have reached out and caught it. So, that was kind of cool.

I'll call it even...this time.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall