News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 12, 2016, 06:17:54 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on June 12, 2016, 06:15:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 12, 2016, 03:26:06 PM
Any news, Tom?
Despite several promises, the b'stard didn't phone back.

What a -censored-!

He phoned me yesterday. The idiot could not reach me before, because he dialed my number without the international access code for Germany. He had two jobs on offer. A software development and a consultancy job. Both pay much better than my current job. I must say that I'm more interested in the software development job even if the consultancy job pays better. A bit scary though to change jobs at 54.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Arturo

Quote from: Asmodean on June 14, 2016, 07:47:31 AM
Quote from: Apathy on June 14, 2016, 01:12:26 AM
My Dad keeps taking control of my life and causing problems. Really need to get away from him but can't because I have so many problems.
Hmm... Are you sure about that? Everyone has problems, and some people have big ones. There usually are ways of dealing with them that do not involve parents though.

Yeah, I've mentioned this somewhere else. He stuck me with a car bill I did not want and thought he was going to pay for because I have no job because I'm disabled (not because I'm lazy, I was actually taking the advice of the insurance company when I decided to take it easy). It's just stuff like that where he makes decisions on my behalf all while making me miserable.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I love the feeling of getting something finished, but that feeling seems to always be so short lived these days; there's always more and more piling up.  :(

Add that to the fact that I can't seem to stop procrastinating and it rarely ends as I wish it would.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on June 15, 2016, 06:11:53 AM
Any news, Tom?

What a -censored-!

He phoned me yesterday. The idiot could not reach me before, because he dialed my number without the international access code for Germany. He had two jobs on offer. A software development and a consultancy job. Both pay much better than my current job. I must say that I'm more interested in the software development job even if the consultancy job pays better. A bit scary though to change jobs at 54.

Why is that scary?

Biggus Dickus

My boss's family just got a new kitty (They already have one kat and a dogg), and she insists on showing my pictures of it when she's in the office, and now she's texting my pictures of it.

She's the boss right so for the time being I have to act like the stupid kat is soooooooo cute and pretty, and ooh and ahhh over her pictures and reply back to her text pictures.

Here's the latest text she sent me:
QuoteHere she is. Heart stealer. Bruce, the office will be shut down in case you don't come back so no worries there.
Not sure how long I can keep this facade up,...I feel like Elian in Seinfeld when her boss took her to the movies to see "The English Patient" which she had already seen and hated, but was to scared to tell her boss so she took her to see it because he thought it was such a great movie. Classic scene.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on June 17, 2016, 04:00:55 PM
My boss's family just got a new kitty (They already have one kat and a dogg), and she insists on showing my pictures of it when she's in the office, and now she's texting my pictures of it.
QuoteHere she is. Heart stealer. Bruce, the office will be shut down in case you don't come back so no worries there.

How can you not love that kitty?? She's smiling for fuck's sake!! That's it, you're banned!! I'm going to call you Ice from now on because clearly that's what runs through your veins! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

But seriously, she's adorable.  ;D
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 16, 2016, 03:12:18 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on June 15, 2016, 06:11:53 AM
Any news, Tom?

What a -censored-!

Why is that scary?

If I don't pass the probation time it will be very hard to find another job. Since I'm paying off the mortgage of my house, I need some job security. Here in Germany most companies don't hire people, who are older than 40-45. They like to hire students with 20 years of experience  ;),
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Buddy

I suspect that I've got heat stroke and I'm here alone at work, I can't get a signal on my phone to call someone, there is no landlines anywhere in the barn, and nobody is texting me back. I'm just sitting here covered in ice packs because I can't leave until I get the okay.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

^ Do you have access to water? Better drink plenty.

Buddy

I'm relatively okay now. I ended up going to the health center and had them call my boss. Took 30 minutes to get ahold of somebody. I'm home now with many ice packs.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on June 21, 2016, 01:25:35 AM
I'm relatively okay now. I ended up going to the health center and had them call my boss. Took 30 minutes to get ahold of somebody. I'm home now with many ice packs.
Shakes my head. Numpty!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MariaEvri

what makes me grumpy
no
what pisses me off is that since sunday afternoon cyprus is in flames. Two firefighters lost their lives, villages are threatened and one very beautiful forest is being turned to ashes
We know how the fire started but NO ONE will be punished because the person who started it was underage
NO ONE will be pubished
two people died!!
homes are threatened
no one is punished
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Asmodean

Quote from: MariaEvri on June 21, 2016, 05:44:13 PM
what makes me grumpy
no
what pisses me off is that since sunday afternoon cyprus is in flames. Two firefighters lost their lives, villages are threatened and one very beautiful forest is being turned to ashes
We know how the fire started but NO ONE will be punished because the person who started it was underage
NO ONE will be pubished
two people died!!
homes are threatened
no one is punished
...So the pyromaniac kid is getting off the hook with only a talking to?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on June 21, 2016, 01:25:35 AM
I'd recommend a long cold shower or bath.
Though usually I prescribe that treatment for a rather different affliction.  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-