Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2016, 12:25:48 AM
I have to wake up early tomorrow. Seriously, who wakes up at 7:30?!  :rant1:
Normally at 4:30!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Firebird

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2016, 12:25:48 AM
I have to wake up early tomorrow. Seriously, who wakes up at 7:30?!  :rant1:

*raises hand* ;)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

Generally 5-5:30. I've been working 7AM shifts for years. I don't sleep past 8:30 unless I'm sick. Sometimes I get caught up in laying in bed relaxing, but I'll have a headache from it by 9:30.

I actually really miss my morning stock shifts. Up around 3AM, good physical work that was simple enough it was almost meditative, out of work by 10AM with the whole day ahead of me.

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2016, 10:54:27 PM
What are you guys?!  :P

They must be creepy morning people.

I get up between 8.30 and 10 (I don't have to work until 10.30 and don't have to travel, when I do I live where most businesses in my city reside so it is often a walk down the road). Can't fall asleep before 3am unless I am worn out and I always have a lot of energy so that is rare. Though I have no problem getting up early.

Try the alarm clock "sleep cycle". I have it hooked up to a hue bulb and an audio system, you don't need that I just happened to have them already and decided to give it a try. Haven't found it hard to wake up since using it and that was years ago.

I wish I was more of a morning person. The hours between 5am and 7am are some of the nicest and it's lovely to do exercise outside or go for a walk, but my body actively rejects it whenever I have tried to switch to waking up that early regularly. Except when I'm in a relationship, I am up and out of bed around 5.30am like clockwork.
Retired member.

Pasta Chick

If I dont even know what would happen if I had no set schedule. I think I'd end up sleeping like 10AM to 6PM.

Firebird

Oh hell no, I'm not a morning person at all. On a typical weekend we'll sleep in until 10 or even 11.
Technically I could get up later than 7:30 during the week too, but if I abuse that too much, I'd have to come home from work after 7 every night, and I like having time to cook dinner, run, or just watch tv without it getting too late. Also just easier to get up at the same time as my wife.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Icarus

xSP is my kind of person. I am so groggy in the morning that I have to jack off just to get my heart started. Meanwhile my dear wife of thirty years, is one of those happy waker uppers.  My body and mind is just getting up a head of steam by two AM but ahe wants to crash at 10 PM.   Our circadian clocks are out of synch.

I recently read a whole book about the way individuals differ but that all of us have a timing system built into our bodies. The book showed that all sorts of living things have clocks, even grass has a system of waking and sleeping.

xSilverPhinx

I generally wake up at around 9 or even 10 if allowed to. I think I have the tendency to switch days for nights. When I finished high school, for the period before I got into university I would stay up all night and sleep all day. After I dropped out and had no fixed schedule I slipped into this pattern again.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Quote from: Icarus on March 03, 2016, 03:05:37 AM
I am so groggy in the morning that I have to jack off just to get my heart started.

:o Didn't expect to read that!

Brilliant.
Retired member.

Harmonie

The trees are blooming, the grass is turning green, and the forecast is edging very close to hot (it will be hot in the house).  >:(

I'm becoming ever more certain of my location where I want to get my Master's Degree. It will be several states up North. Several.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Guardian85

Got a gig working as a substitute dormitory night manager right before the flu knocked out half the regular staff.
I haven't slept since Monday.  >:(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 03, 2016, 06:55:03 PM
Got a gig working as a substitute dormitory night manager right before the flu knocked out half the regular staff.
I haven't slept since Monday.  >:(
*stifles giggle* Oh dear, how sad.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Radiant on March 03, 2016, 03:29:48 PM
The trees are blooming, the grass is turning green, and the forecast is edging very close to hot (it will be hot in the house).  >:(

I'm becoming ever more certain of my location where I want to get my Master's Degree. It will be several states up North. Several.

You'll probably need to go more than several states north to get the coolness you want. Here in Michigan we finally got a decent snow fall about a week ago, and after several days most of it melted. The other night we got more snow, and it's already melting as well...by Monday it's supposed to hit a high of fucking 60.

Everyone is happy except me, I want to enjoy the winter a bit longer, plus I'm dog-sitting Kahlua this following week, and love romping in the snow with him, now we'll probably be sloshing around in the mud.

We practically didn't have a winter, sure some cold weather, but no snow...going to take my bike out early tomorrow morning on some trails, hopefully they'll stand hard so I can get a decent ride in.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Harmonie

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 05, 2016, 02:57:23 AM
Quote from: Radiant on March 03, 2016, 03:29:48 PM

You'll probably need to go more than several states north to get the coolness you want. Here in Michigan we finally got a decent snow fall about a week ago, and after several days most of it melted. The other night we got more snow, and it's already melting as well...by Monday it's supposed to hit a high of fucking 60.

Everyone is happy except me, I want to enjoy the winter a bit longer, plus I'm dog-sitting Kahlua this following week, and love romping in the snow with him, now we'll probably be sloshing around in the mud.

We practically didn't have a winter, sure some cold weather, but no snow...going to take my bike out early tomorrow morning on some trails, hopefully they'll stand hard so I can get a decent ride in.

The fact that you're shocked about it hitting 60 is exactly why you've had a hundred times more of a winter than I have. Days where it didn't hit 60 were rare this winter. So not only have we not had snow (there was a little sleet storm in late December, and less than an inch of snow. That was it.), but it's been warm the whole way through.

We didn't have a single day where the temperature did not get above freezing. Not even one.

Michigan is actually my aim right now. There are multiple reasons for that... The climate is certainly one of them. Every time I looked at the forecast at least 8 of the days forecasted were near or below freezing for highs and there was snow all over the forecast... And this was predicted to be a warm winter for the North from the very beginning, so a few warm days here and there is no surprise. It still can't compare to down here where the bugs never died and I never saw a pond freeze, ever.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony