News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

I just wish winter would come here already. I'm ready for it and I'm sick and tired of the gray autumn weather.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

NoHandlebarsAttached

I'm sitting here with strep throat, an ear infection, and pink eye, I'm contagious, and I have finals starting Monday.

OldGit

OMFSM! good luck, NHA.

I'm grumpy because the dog chewed up the map book in the car.  Not all of it, only the pages we use most. :'(

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

NoHandlebarsAttached

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

I don't have a car GPS, only a trekking one.   In this case we knew exactly where we were but needed to know the number of a certain road.  We knew the area well but I can't remember all the road-numbers.  In the end Mrs Git solved the problem by finding the slobbery ripped-out fragment which held the answer. :D

Guardian85

I have a hangover. Totally deserved, but still sucks... :(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

jumbojak

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 14, 2014, 08:21:33 PM

I will have a hangover but, what do you expect when a guy hasn't had a drink in almost two years! Now, if I can only manage to not piss in the sink.....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 14, 2014, 08:21:33 PM

Was it worth it though? ;)

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 15, 2014, 02:06:22 AM
Some people think it is. Personally, I don't get it. First, alcohol messes with the unfortunate drinker's balance, which, in my opinion, is a thoroughly unpleasant sensation. Then, if the unfortunate drinker is The Asmo, it worsens His depressions and on top of that, the head aches after. What do people see in booze?!  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Quote from: Asmodean on December 15, 2014, 02:21:55 AM
Some people think it is. Personally, I don't get it. First, alcohol messes with the unfortunate drinker's balance, which, in my opinion, is a thoroughly unpleasant sensation. Then, if the unfortunate drinker is The Asmo, it worsens His depressions and on top of that, the head aches after. What do people see in booze?!  ???

It makes you feel good, if only for a little while. I do sometimes encounter the balance issue but have learned to let go and enjoy the sensation. Not worrying you'll have to run out and do something is helpful in that regard.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 15, 2014, 02:21:55 AM
Some people think it is. Personally, I don't get it. First, alcohol messes with the unfortunate drinker's balance, which, in my opinion, is a thoroughly unpleasant sensation. Then, if the unfortunate drinker is The Asmo, it worsens His depressions and on top of that, the head aches after. What do people see in booze?!  ???

Me neither. I don't consider myself to even be a social drinker (only sometimes at parties). The faltering balance issue and posterior depression can be an off putter. Add to that that a person might do or say something they'll later regret and I'd rather stick with soda, thank you very much.