News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobermonster

Panic attacks fucking suck. I'd get a second opinion on the medication strategy, at least to look at prn like lorazepam you can take when you feel one coming on.

Pasta Chick

Yeah, I'll second that.  You should have at least been offered something to take as needed. 

Have you been for a general physical too?  GI problems can trigger panic attacks.  It's not common but it happens. 

Eric V Arachnid

Moving about a lot mostly works for me.
Philosoraptor once did a post leaving those suggesting exercise for the seriously down in bloody globs congealing to or slowly dripping down the walls.
She hasn't been around for a while so I'm promoting movement.
Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Eric V Arachnid

I'm having trouble finding the new potter short stories.
I'm HollyMugwump297.., yes my parents are OK with my walk on the wild side, where are my new stories?
Misanthropic Curmudgeon

NoHandlebarsAttached

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 18, 2014, 11:29:41 AM
Yeah, I'll second that.  You should have at least been offered something to take as needed. 

Have you been for a general physical too?  GI problems can trigger panic attacks.  It's not common but it happens. 
No, I've never had a physical.

xSilverPhinx

More like a reason to be sad and worried: I just left my dog at a hotel for the next few days and as I drove away she started to cry loudly while trying to jump over and dig under the fence. I hope she didn't hurt herself. :(  I hope she's calm enough and eats. I can't stop thinking about my poor pet. :(  
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

She's not just a pet xSP. She loves you and depends on you. Separation anxiety is a real problem for some pets. Sometimes humans have to do what they have to do even if it causes anxiety to their loving pet.

A whole other subject: Dober you have on several occasions mentioned one sort of medication or other. Are you a Pharmacist, Nurse, Physician, or just an uncommonly well informed individual?

Pasta Chick

Quote from: NoHandlebarsAttached on December 18, 2014, 09:21:23 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 18, 2014, 11:29:41 AM

No, I've never had a physical.

I would look into it. 

For me, I'm prone to anxiety to start with.  So when my stomach went off, causing elevated heart rate, sweating, and pain, my brain was just like, "oh, we're freaking out now? Yeah. Definitely freaking out."  And I'd spend the next several hours between bed and the bathroom.  Not knowing wtf made it worse.  Several doctors told me the connection wasn't possible, but I've found a lot of evidence that it is.

There are other issues that can trigger panic attacks as well.  Hormone imbalances and such.  I just thought of GI because your post seemed to imply that throwing up was unusual.  That was the only distinct, not "just" stress symptom I had, until the pain got so bad I couldn't eat (which took months, because my dumb ass still tried to write it off as stress regardless). 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on December 19, 2014, 03:43:03 AM
She's not just a pet xSP. She loves you and depends on you. Separation anxiety is a real problem for some pets. Sometimes humans have to do what they have to do even if it causes anxiety to their loving pet.

That big bumbling German Shepard is my baby! :D My dog has separation anxiety, because when she was still very young I had to leave her for three months in a hotel so that I could move and it unfortunately had some effect on her. She always likes to position herself where she can see as many people as possible when she's at home. I nicknamed her 'Shadow' because of it. :D

The dogs in the hotel she's in are well looked after though, so I think she'll be fine. They have a vet, just in case.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

^ Positioning herself to see as many people as possible may be her unabtrusive protective instinct at work. I suspect that you will be safe from any potential abusers when she is nearby. Here is a Salud to Shadow.  (I hope I have that positive Spanish expression spelled correctly)

Guardian85

Well, home for Christmas, shopping done, fireplace is sparking up nicely.....

would have been perfect if not for the flu and an ear infection. >:(

(And yes, Git. Hot whisky and lemon will commence soon. Maybe a little brandy....)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Eric V Arachnid

Americans are allowed to own a sugar glider and I'm not.  >:(
Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Essie Mae

Quote from: Eric V Arachnid on December 25, 2014, 10:24:05 AM
What's a sugar glider?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

Quote from: jumbojak on December 29, 2014, 02:10:41 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on December 29, 2014, 12:08:01 AM
Quote from: Eric V Arachnid on December 25, 2014, 10:24:05 AM
What's a sugar glider?

It's a flying rattie.

..! The what now?

Oh! Sugar gliders? Yes, The Asmo approves of those.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.