News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Very sensible. I consider myself a non-drinker, even though I can have an occasional drink in the right company and for the right reasons, but I tend to see drinking as a chore, so if anything, it spoils the pleasantness of the occasion. Drunk people, they spoil it too. At least when they start having problems with speech or have their personalities turned over by alcohol.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on December 15, 2014, 03:37:23 AM
Very sensible. I consider myself a non-drinker, even though I can have an occasional drink in the right company and for the right reasons, but I tend to see drinking as a chore, so if anything, it spoils the pleasantness of the occasion. Drunk people, they spoil it too. At least when they start having problems with speech or have their personalities turned over by alcohol.
I think some drunks make the parties more enjoyable, especially when they start having problems with speech, and have their personalities turned over by alcohol.   

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2014, 05:49:10 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 15, 2014, 03:37:23 AM
I think some drunks make the parties more enjoyable, especially when they start having problems with speech, and have their personalities turned over by alcohol.   

Oh I agree. Though if you insist on maintaining your sobriety then they are awful to be around, i'd probably prefer to have my ear talked off by a cokehead rather than talk to a pisshead when sober, unless that persons personality is far more enjoyable than their sober self.
Retired member.

Icarus

Booze works in mysterious ways, some drunks are mean and combative, some are happy as a pig in a mud hole, some become quiet and reclusive while others become insufferable loud mouths.

Tank

Booze has a funny effect on my younger daughter. She goes through a grumpy phase before entering a happy phase! So she doesn't drink at a restaurant but she will at a party.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Eric V Arachnid

I looked around for feathers to signify the death of my young tawny frogmouth friend and didn't find any.
I foolishly took comfort in that but my wife pointed out some feathers behind wheely bin 3 (organic matter not recyclables or general rubbish).
I suspect minion involvement, I should never have posted here.
Still there are many more out there and they will continue to fight the good fight.

Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Pasta Chick

It's also possible he flew off.  Many fledglings leave the nest early and do just fine.

I'm grumpy because my cramping seems to be getting worse.  The pain level always varies, but I've been getting more nauseated and nearly threw up this time.  Plus the whole passing out in a cold sweat thing is really unnerving.  I'm still getting jerked around by health insurance, so I can't do anything about it. 

Even when I can see a proper doctor, most likely he'll brush me off and tell me to go in the pill (which doesn't work for me) so I'm worried about getting a proper job when I may or may not hit the ground puking for two hours every 6 weeks.  I want to have bloodwork and an ultrasound while it's happening, but it only happens for 2 hours so I'd never make it through triage in time to catch anything.

This was the only time I had to go biking this week, too.  I'm always shakey after and I'm afraid I'll hurt myself if I try. 

OldGit

Poor old PC, that sounds horrible.  You know what Dr Git prescribes for such ailments. ;D

Pasta Chick

If whisky and lemon weren't one of the worst possible things I could imagine puking, I'd be all there.

Half a glass of red wine helps.  But I don't really drink much wine and I never know what to do with the rest of the bottle.

xSilverPhinx

That sucks PC. I also get bad cramps bad enough to make me want to curl up into a ball, cold sweats and low blood pressure every time. You should probably get ultrasound and bloodwork done even when it isn't happening, could be that you detect something. Antispasmodics such as Buscopan (butylbromide scopolamine) really work for me, have you tried it?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

An anti spasmodic sounds amazing!  I'm pretty certain I get full blown contractions.  I can feel them.  I also get back labor. 

Every gyno I've ever been to has just blown me off.  The most I've been offered is birth control and 800mg of ibprofin (which does nothing for the pain and knocks me out even harder since its a blood thinner).  One even got all judgey on me for asking about my fertility, since I know this isn't normal and I know I have ovarian cysts to some extent.  Apparently young single women shouldn't be concerned about such things  ::)

This has been happening since I was 15.  It did stop when I was on the pill, but the pill makes me feel horrible the rest of the time.  So I get to choose between feeling vaguely shitty 24/7, or 2 hours of crippling pain every 6 weeks.  I've had a couple ultrasounds but they always just show some random cysts.  I had a friend who had a cyst that was causing her entire ovary to twist with cramps, which is why I'd like an ultrasound when it happens.  Blood pressure is low/low normal all the time.  Bloodwork always looks ok but I'd love to have my hormone levels checked.  Hopefully my health insurance gets sorted out soon. 

xSilverPhinx

QuoteOne even got all judgey on me for asking about my fertility, since I know this isn't normal and I know I have ovarian cysts to some extent.  Apparently young single women shouldn't be concerned about such things

Sounds like a real a-hole!

I hope you find a product that works for you, and best of luck with your health insurance. :)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

NoHandlebarsAttached

I just had a panic attack and threw up. Again.
This shit isn't fun, and I don't know why it's happening.

Asmodean

They have pills for that, you know.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

NoHandlebarsAttached

Quote from: Asmodean on December 18, 2014, 06:37:59 AM
They have pills for that, you know.
I'll see about getting some happy pills. My therapist is telling me I shouldn't go on any medication, but I'm swinging back and forth between miserable and okay, and I don't thing I should be doing that.