News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

The place where male fantasy and medical advice meet.

Started by Ali, July 11, 2012, 08:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 12, 2012, 04:21:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2012, 08:38:49 AM

I think you need to explain your reasoning behind that comment. Labelling a person as 'sad or pathetic' because of the work they do is rather thoughtless.

i'm sorry, Tank. I'm only saying a person who is tired of their wife or doesnt want to have sex with her just because they have this job is a sad excuse. I mean, i work with perfume all day,  but that doesn't mean i don't want to smell nice when i go outside.

I don't know, it just makes me feel someone who thinks this way didn't respect their wife to begin with.
No, youngling. Unfortunately the one constant in life is change. People can grow up and grow together or grow apart. That doesn't mean they didn't love each other to begin with.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 12, 2012, 04:23:06 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2012, 08:42:47 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 12, 2012, 03:55:58 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 12, 2012, 03:41:38 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 12, 2012, 01:01:09 AM
those are some sad and pathetic men  ::)

I disagree. If someone ate Chinese food every day for the rest of their life, they would probably soon grow tired of it. The same could probably be said for vaginas.
he's looking at them, not having sex with them.  There is no excuse, really.

off topic: new icon = <3
Have you not considered the fact that the issue may be that they can't see their wife any more except in the context of just another vagina? And why are you having a go at a group of people who have a recognised problem as simply 'buck your ideas up sunshine; be a man'.

That isn't what i am saying at all.  :-[
Beg pardon. My bad.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2012, 04:24:59 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 12, 2012, 04:23:06 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2012, 08:42:47 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 12, 2012, 03:55:58 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 12, 2012, 03:41:38 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 12, 2012, 01:01:09 AM
those are some sad and pathetic men  ::)

I disagree. If someone ate Chinese food every day for the rest of their life, they would probably soon grow tired of it. The same could probably be said for vaginas.
he's looking at them, not having sex with them.  There is no excuse, really.

off topic: new icon = <3
Have you not considered the fact that the issue may be that they can't see their wife any more except in the context of just another vagina? And why are you having a go at a group of people who have a recognised problem as simply 'buck your ideas up sunshine; be a man'.

That isn't what i am saying at all.  :-[
Beg pardon. My bad.

I understand that people sometimes change and grow apart.
I suppose i just find this article a bit tasteless and a bad excuse.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Keep in mind, a gynecologist doesn't just look at vaginas all day, he or she looks at a lot of sick vaginas, too. Part of the reason we're able to find something arousing is because there's a bit of intrigue or excitement attached to it. And I think human sexuality is a lot more complicated than  human desire for food - we have to eat to live, so hunger will pretty much always win out at the end. We don't need sex to live and what "turns us on" can be pretty mutable, I think. And our turn-ons aren't always exactly within our control.

If I examined 72,000 penis' (a rough estimate based on a doctor looking at 5 a day, 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year, for 30 years) in various states of  health, I really can't say how I'd feel about them sexually. Maybe I'd still find a way to get excited about them, but if I couldn't, I don't think that'd make me a bad person or a bad wife.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

I can totally understand how a gynecologist could get bored of there wife's vagina, I can also understand how a husband and wife could get bored of each other sexually in general, even if they still madly love each other and regardless of being a gynecologist or working in an industry that deals with the body.
Retired member.

Dobermonster

I've seen a lot of penises and vaginas in my line of work, but I don't think it's affected my ability to be aroused by ones that I like. Wonder if women have an easier time compartmentalizing work and pleasure. I can imagine that if my (fictional) gynecologist-husband came home from work having had his face 6 inches from unhappy vulvas all day, he might be less enamored by the idea of doing similar to mine. There should be another study of lesbian gynecologists, just to see if there's a gender difference.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dobermonster on July 12, 2012, 06:38:06 PM
I've seen a lot of penises and vaginas in my line of work,

What the heck job do you have?  If you don't mind my asking.

QuoteI can imagine that if my (fictional) gynecologist-husband came home from work having had his face 6 inches from unhappy vulvas all day, he might be less enamored by the idea of doing similar to mine.

I understand this part of it.  I crunch numbers and write reports all day, and there are days when I just can't do that anymore after I leave the office, even tho I have bills begging to be paid.  That's just another kind of number crunching as far as I'm concerned. 

What I'm having a hard time with is the idea of turning down an orgasm because you don't want to look at or, presumably, touch any more pussy after a tiring day at the ob-gyn office.  I've spent most of my sex life getting naked with other women and even I don't have to look at or touch (with my hands) a pussy to get the job done.  There are all kinds of ways of taking this ride, is what I'm saying.

Personally, I have to agree that if a gyn dr. is a straight male and goes right off sex with women because of his job, there's more going on than just his line of work.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dobermonster

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 13, 2012, 02:19:47 AM
I've seen a lot of penises and vaginas in my line of work,

What the heck job do you have?  If you don't mind my asking.

Co-ed Prostitution.

Nah, I'm a Licensed Practical Nurse.

Quote from: BCE

I understand this part of it.  I crunch numbers and write reports all day, and there are days when I just can't do that anymore after I leave the office, even tho I have bills begging to be paid.  That's just another kind of number crunching as far as I'm concerned.  

What I'm having a hard time with is the idea of turning down an orgasm because you don't want to look at or, presumably, touch any more pussy after a tiring day at the ob-gyn office.  I've spent most of my sex life getting naked with other women and even I don't have to look at or touch (with my hands) a pussy to get the job done.  There are all kinds of ways of taking this ride, is what I'm saying.

Personally, I have to agree that if a gyn dr. is a straight male and goes right off sex with women because of his job, there's more going on than just his line of work.

That part I don't understand either. It would take a *lot* for me to turn down an orgasm. :P Then again, I'm discussing a study I haven't even read yet.

Edit: Attributed quotation - Tank

En_Route

Nah, I'm a Licensed Practical Nurse.

I hope you're on a higher pay grade than the Impractical Nurses.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).