News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Started by Huxley, July 23, 2006, 10:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

At work one of the construction workers had a heatstroke. Keep in mind this was during the late morning hours but still, he wasn't even a full day into it and he suffered for it. Even if the Egyptians had reserve I highly doubt it was enough to survive a week.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Whitney

I passed out cold (almost hit my head on some sharp scrap metal) one time in just low 100 degree weather...I was in the shade too and actually had a little water that day.  I wouldn't last half a day in the dessert if I didn't have shade or water.

Big Mac

They used to force us to chug water in the Army. Even if you weren't thirsty you still chugged along. About 4 guys had heatstrokes in a previous platoon and one almost died during a training exercise. I don't think he'll ever fully recover, or so they said.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Asmodean Prime

Bigmac wrote: Wow then you must be drowning in self-hate!

Ha ha. Good one.  You got me there.  But I'm not always wrong, you know.

You're rational wrote: oh, I'm not typing the whole paragraph!

I think pharoah didn't kill moses because he realised he might be in the presence of a true prophet of God, and got scared.   Regarding your second point, God does sometimes allow tragedy in the fulfillment of His will.  I don't know why.  But that's what happens.  That is why we should be humble in the face of things we don't fully understand.  God is also able to raise to life, though.  He creates.  He kills.  He raises to life.

Can man do that?

And what if my mother DID drop me on my head as a baby?  It didn't do ME any harm, did it?  I mean,...not so you'd notice.

Whitney

Quote from: "onlyme"And what if my mother DID drop me on my head as a baby?  It didn't do ME any harm, did it?  I mean,...not so you'd notice.

lol...my dad DID drop me on my head when I was very young...didn't hurt me...babies bounce (not really, but their bones aren't brittle like adults).  He still feels bad about it.

imrational

Quote from: "laetusatheos"
Quote from: "onlyme"And what if my mother DID drop me on my head as a baby?  It didn't do ME any harm, did it?  I mean,...not so you'd notice.

:D