News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

New black atheist to the forum

Started by Timor, May 25, 2010, 07:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopShoot

Quote from: "TheWilliam"I'm from Washington State and I don't know what a wanker is.
"Wanker" literally means "person who masturbates".  It implies being that creepy guy that sits at the end of the bar who mumbles to himself whenever a female gets up to pee.  Or something like that.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

pinkocommie

Quote from: "TheWilliam"I'm from Washington State and I don't know what a wanker is.

This strikes me as a strange thing to say.  I'm from Washington State and I totally know what a wanker is.  Anyway, what part of the state are you from?
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

PoopShoot

I personally was born in Yakima, but I grew up in California and am most familiar with the Wenatchee area, Tri-Cities and I have spent a fair amount of time in South Bend/Raymond.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

TheWilliam

geographically, I'm from the South Puget Sound.

The County of Pierce between Tacoma, Spanaway, Parkland & Lakewood.
The vernacular varies, but there really isn't much of it.

pinkocommie

Quote from: "TheWilliam"geographically, I'm from the South Puget Sound.

The County of Pierce between Tacoma, Spanaway, Parkland & Lakewood.
The vernacular varies, but there really isn't much of it.

Haha, yeah, I live in Auburn.  I don't go much further south often, though.  Those paper mills alone are enough to keep me away, not to mention the troubles South Hill often has.  I grew up in Kent/Maple Valley.  Most people have never heard of Maple Valley, but we were close to Enumclaw.  You know, where the horse fuckers live.  :)  Do you prefer Florida?  I lived in Texas for a while, Corpus Christi so it was all palm trees and beautiful beaches, but I still came back.

Poop - I've never really hung out in Eastern Washington, but I hear it's a different world.  I remember when I was a kid, we almost moved to the Tri-Cities but my mom refused because she read somewhere that gangs were bad in that area.  I always wondered if that was true.

TheWilliam

QuoteDo you prefer Florida?

nopers, and I live on the edge of the city and it's still annoying.

I'd rather live on HillTop again than grow old here, but I'm watching my nieces grow up and helping with nieces that aren't really my nieces.

when they're all off to college I'll back up North to die.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Poop - I've never really hung out in Eastern Washington, but I hear it's a different world.
There are three Washington states.  Maybe four.  Eastern and Western Washington are very different from one another, but that also changes from North to South on either side as well, though the bulk of Western Washington is pretty uniform until you get pretty deep into the Olympic peninsula.  On the Eastern side, it's pretty well half and half with Spokane and North being just as different as East/West.

QuoteI remember when I was a kid, we almost moved to the Tri-Cities but my mom refused because she read somewhere that gangs were bad in that area.  I always wondered if that was true.
Considering the Puget Sound area?  No.  It's just as well though, if you don't speak Spanish.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
"Wanker" literally means "person who masturbates".  It implies being that creepy guy that sits at the end of the bar who mumbles to himself whenever a female gets up to pee.  Or something like that.
That's not the usage that was in my mind.
This is more the thing:
QuoteOne connotation implies egotistical and self-indulgent behaviour. This is the dominant meaning in Australia and New Zealand.
But I'm not calling anyone anything.
I can't think of an American expression as elegant as wanker, show off is pretty weak.

pinkocommie

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I think you have nice breasts.
Why thank you.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Thumpalumpacus

No, I was addressing TheWilliam.  I know you have nice tits.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

TheWilliam

oh, well thank you.

i'm actually working on them specifically through the end of October.

this other dude ironically named William is about the same size as me, and we're having a little competition on who can get their tits bigger faster.

he's using protein shakes and heavy starch,

and i'm using white meat chicken and turkey, with light starch.

Ã¥scertain

Welcome, what you've realized it the within essence of truth.