News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Sometimes I wonder if I'm in some kind of Truman Show turned soap opera. I had to close a loan for a customer and I've never done that before. Both my manager and the only other banker were out today so I was completely on my own. I ended up fucking it up so bad that I had to call my manager on her cell to help me fix it. Then the poor guy had to come back because I missed a signature.

I thought for sure that the guy was going to hate me and think I was a total idiot. Then I get a text from my manager that he had texted her and asked for my number.

This is the second time this month that a customer has done that.

I think I need a neon sign in my office that says "I'm gay"
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Hire a model to take a picture with and put it on your desk. When people as if that's your sister say, "Noooo, that's my girlfriend..."

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Nah, she's in Indiana or someplace. A stock photo of a guy will keep the wolves at bay. Nothing wrong with being gay, it's just a matter of self-preservation to have a guy picture. Though it certainly shouldn't be necessary.

hermes2015

Quote from: Buddy on May 21, 2019, 10:28:00 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I'm in some kind of Truman Show turned soap opera. I had to close a loan for a customer and I've never done that before. Both my manager and the only other banker were out today so I was completely on my own. I ended up fucking it up so bad that I had to call my manager on her cell to help me fix it. Then the poor guy had to come back because I missed a signature.

I thought for sure that the guy was going to hate me and think I was a total idiot. Then I get a text from my manager that he had texted her and asked for my number.

:snicker1: I had similar experiences when I was younger, because I don't "look gay", but I don't hold back my opinions, so the situation is soon cleared up.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on May 21, 2019, 10:28:00 PM

The women will ask for your number then. Lots of them :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Cardiologist again this morning.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm having some TMJ problems, which is an issue for someone who likes steak and apples (not together).  Painful to chew.  It's a bit better, but I may have to go see an oral surgeon if it doesn't heal on its own. 

jumbojak

Well, I got to the cardiologist this morning and was informed that he wouldn't be there today.

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on May 22, 2019, 04:06:10 PM
Well, I got to the cardiologist this morning and was informed that he wouldn't be there today.

JFC does your doctor's office even have doctors?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on May 22, 2019, 04:06:10 PM

And they wonder why you have heart problems!!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

He's a doctor but obviously a really bad one. And his staff is just plain fucking stupid. I've dealt with bad doctors before but this is just ridiculous.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on May 22, 2019, 04:52:46 PM
He's a doctor but obviously a really bad one. And his staff is just plain fucking stupid. I've dealt with bad doctors before but this is just ridiculous.

:gingerly banging head:

Bad Penny II

Anyone heard from Old Git?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 23, 2019, 11:31:58 AM
Anyone heard from Old Git?

I noticed his presence on Facebook this morning.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant