News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Well hey there.....

Started by Endless Summer, May 28, 2010, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endless Summer

I've been inspired to join this forum after having a blazing row with a 'devout' catholic who inhabits the corridors of my school.....and considering it was one of my teachers I am literally terrified even adults in a position of trust and power would become so violent in their argument to a 15 year old....purely because I politely put a different view point to him in a general RS lesson......so heey everyone =D
"Are any of your pets catholic?"   - we get some strange neighbours in my area.....

Tank

Another teenage Atheist! The world just keeps on getting better! When I was 15 in 1975  :blush:  It's really good to see so many young atheists dotted about the various forums I frequent. In addition with a lot of them if they had not mentioned their age, or given it away by some comment, I would, in many cases, not have realised how young they were.

Good to see you find your way here!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Endless!  :)

What's RS, and what was the disputed viewpoint?
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Tanker

Welcome to the forum. Gnostic atheist eh? That's rare to say the least. I hope you find our community friendly especialy after such an...inapropriate reaction from a teacher.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Endless Summer

Quote from: "elliebean"What's RS, and what was the disputed viewpoint?

RS is what they call religious studies.....in year 10 it's compulsory but you dont actually take a GCSE exam in it (thank heavens....)

I mentioned in passing how after reading the bible (and I actually have, just so i can't be called ignorant) that God has actually killed around 300,000 times more people than Satan, and my teacher replied in a surprisingly serious tone how all of those innocent people had sinned, which i deftly replied for such instances as 'burning incense without a licence' (hello Numbers....), to which he subsequently replied that God''s word is final and i should stop being such an 'insolent little kid', so I left the room.....

I swear there is some kind of law about RS teachers having to have unbiased viewpoints on what they teach...?
"Are any of your pets catholic?"   - we get some strange neighbours in my area.....

KDbeads

Quote from: "Endless Summer"I mentioned in passing how after reading the bible (and I actually have, just so i can't be called ignorant) that God has actually killed around 300,000 times more people than Satan, and my teacher replied in a surprisingly serious tone how all of those innocent people had sinned, which i deftly replied for such instances as 'burning incense without a licence' (hello Numbers....), to which he subsequently replied that God''s word is final and i should stop being such an 'insolent little kid', so I left the room.....

:blush:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams