News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Hello from Nova Scotia!

Started by The Doctor, April 10, 2010, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor

Hello everyone,

I was searching and came across this site, it looks good so I figure I might as well join. First and foremost I'd like to say that English is not my first language and as such, I may often post things with poor spelling and grammar that may be difficult to read. I do try my best.

Now that I have that out of the way, I'll say some more about myself. I'm a guy from a tiny town in Nova Scotia, Canada; the area I live in was established in 1605, and hasn't grown much since. I enjoy where I live most of the time, however it is not very nice this time of the year.

I started out as a Catholic and was one until I was 12, at this point my father decided I should go to the Baptist church and proceeded to take me for a number of years, this sparked a small war between my parents which continues today about my sisters. Once I left that I searched around for different religions to be part of for a while, because I honestly believed I needed one or I wasn't a "complete" person.

I went through all of the different religions available in the area before I decided I didn't want to be a part of any of them. Over a while I started reading things, watching them and asking my self questions and my faith started to deteriorate, until I no longer looked at in as important. I've been an atheist for about 2 years and I've been just as happier, if not a bit more, since I became one.

All my friends know I'm atheist and some of my family, only the less religious side.

I'm a huge Dr. Who fan (old and new), I read a ton of books, and I drink a Extra Large Double Double every morning. (Every Canadian should understand the last one)

I'm hoping to have some good discussions on here and read some interesting stuff.

-Connor

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Connor!  :)

Very interesting story. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

pinkocommie

Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/