News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Salutations!

Started by RamseyRam, February 02, 2010, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamseyRam

Hello! Yet another joiner here. I am an atheist in my mid-teens and have joined this forum due to the distinct lack of people with my views where I live (Fort Wayne, IN, Southwest corner). I was Christian like my family until I was around eight years old, and that was when my faith started dissipating as I put the pieces together, slowly realizing that what I had thought of as truth seemed like a silly idea. I kept quiet about it until I was around 10 or 12, but I was thankful to have such open-minded parents as they accepted my views, even though they were and still are Christians. I still keep up a Christian mask when I'm around my extended family, as they are all pious, but I don't mind. I also celebrate Christmas as I see it more as an American holiday than a Christian holiday, as I am sure many others do. I am mostly passive in expressing my beliefs, but I like a good debate once in a while. I do not like to openly attack religion and simply- and naively- hope for a future where equality in all its forms is the norm. I'm glad to join a community of accepting atheists and I can't wait to get started :)

G-Roll

QuoteI still keep up a Christian mask when I'm around my extended family, as they are all pious, but I don't mind. I also celebrate Christmas as I see it more as an American holiday than a Christian holiday, as I am sure many others do. I am mostly passive in expressing my beliefs, but I like a good debate once in a while
you are not alone.  :D

welcome. i hope you enjoy your stay.
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

AlP

Hi RamseyRam, welcome to the forum!
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Whitney

Hi, welcome to HAF :sigh:

Quote from: "RamseyRam"and simply- and naively- hope for a future where equality in all its forms is the norm.

Nothing wrong with hope...maybe some day humans will evolve past the apparent need to have everyone around them share the same view.

dtfanxxosq

oh hello.
my mother is an moslem (without hairdress(turban)ofcourse :D
yeah,youre not alone at all :D
listen,when the prophet speaks to you,killing in the name of god.(dream theater-in the name of god)