News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Hello from San Francisco

Started by Aaron SF, June 23, 2011, 03:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron SF

Hi everyone,

I'm an atheist-gay-programmer-musician person thing in San Francisco. Ummmm other pertinent info...

Oh I was an active member of the Richard Dawkins Forum until the massive fail of 2010 where it got turned into a blog. I've been hunting around for a good atheist meeting place/forum on-line ever since and it looks like what you're doing here is right along those lines.

I look forward to talking to/getting to know everyone.

Cheers!

-Aaron.

McQ

Hello, Aaron, and welcome. Glad to have you here!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Aaron SF

Thanks! oh and one question... are we actually required be happy? Because there's all these emotes i won't get to use if we are, and that makes me   :'(

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Aaron SF on June 23, 2011, 04:18:45 AM
Thanks! oh and one question... are we actually required be happy?

Yes you do have to be happy, otherwise we'll hit you with a stick until you are.
I'm sending you an hello wave across the wide Pacific sea, it'll probably arrive sometime Friday.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Welcome Aaron!

This is a very different place from RDF. Theists are not referred to as 'chew toys', and civility is the name of the game. It was a shame when you withdrew from RDF.

It is a delight to see you join here!

Regards
Chris (aka CJ)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Aaron SF

Oh hey cj :D Yeah I always thought maybe the tension got a little tooooo high sometimes, on the other hand there was an abundance of trolling from people who claimed to be theists. I left right around the time there had been an ongoing thread about god bombing my city for it's evil evil ways. It was nothing if not exciting but I did prefer the more civil discourse.

Oh and in case it wasn't clear from the above, there is a big manic grin on my face.
*looks around nervously for stick wielders*

Tank

Whitney and the Mods have a good nose for trolls, they don't last long. This is an unusual forum in my experience and a good place to settle in.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

bicycle

Hi it's nice to meet you before I get booted for being a theist, anything wrong with arguing?

Whitney

Quote from: bicycle on June 24, 2011, 11:05:41 PM
Hi it's nice to meet you before I get booted for being a theist, anything wrong with arguing?

we have a theist moderator and various long term theist posters (of various religions)....

The only thing that gets you booted here is trolling and otherwise being uncivil; and we apply it to both atheists and theists.

Tank

Talk about passive aggressive martyrdom  ::)

You are welcome here and there is nothing wrong with debate.

Jabbles

Welcome,
I haven't been here long but the atmosphere so far does seem quite friendly and civil.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2011, 10:13:58 AM
Talk about passive aggressive martyrdom  ::)

You are welcome here and there is nothing wrong with debate.

They particulary like martyrdom. ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DaveD

Hi Aaron, glad to see you here, I wondered where you'd got to.

Sweetdeath

Hey, Aaron!  I dunno, i'm a pretty happy fellow.
Check out all my emotes;
:) ;) :D ;D

XD  Anyway, welcome to HAF. Good people roam these boards.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.