News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Hello.

Started by Tank, July 07, 2011, 09:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizuidad

I've acquired knowledge of you from the internet search engine, google. I typed in the terms "Atheist" and "forum", and this forum was at the top of the list. I hope I make a fine addition to this community. By chance, I became an atheist, stumbling into it with the remark of a few careless words uttered by another atheist some years ago. It was on an internet forum similar to this one, thought I don't quite remember what was exchanged. And I've yet to have the good fortune of thanking the yank properly.

I myself am a tall brown male living in the south west of the Estados Unidos. I prefer to learn spanish in my spare time, as well as read books about math and science. Although, a bit of infotainment concerning mindless verbiage spewing from the television set helps pass the time as well.

I fancy myself a bit of a reserved individual. Albeit one with a long history of interesting life experience, insofar as I can call myself long lived, and insofar as I can call myself interesting. As far as the experience is concerned, that's probably a matter of doing not and saying one did.

Very grateful for your time.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Rizuidad on July 07, 2011, 02:58:27 AM
I myself am a tall brown male living in the south west of the Estados Unidos.

I'm going to interpret that as meaning you're living in 18th century Belgium.

Hello

Whitney

Hi, welcome to HAF.

Tank

Hi  Rizuidad

I am a medium height, medium weight, medium pink, middle aged male who has never been a believer. :D

Welcome to HAF!

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Welcome! This a very lax forum, so hope you reach 50 posts soon so you can join in on the discussions. :D 

-Sweetdeath
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on July 07, 2011, 09:13:46 AMmedium weight
Oh...

That *point* beer belly right there then... Doesn't weigh much?  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on July 09, 2011, 02:22:53 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 07, 2011, 09:13:46 AMmedium weight
Oh...

That *point* beer belly right there then... Doesn't weigh much?  :P
lol it has been a lot worse in the past :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2011, 02:36:48 PMlol it has been a lot worse in the past :D
Congrats on that account then  :D

Me, I'm getting a bit too well fed for me own good lately. Is what owning a car does to you, apparently.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.