News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Theists on an atheist forum?

Started by Crow, May 12, 2011, 01:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Quote from: PapistItalian16 on May 18, 2011, 01:11:06 AM
Though I havnt seen Stevil in a while...hope we didnt scare him away.
Maybe the threads I have been involved in haven't been your cup of tea?

I'm still going strong, have made 33 posts so far, just trying to work out where I can learn or add value, obviously the threads with heavy base on scripture or theology are a bit hard for me to contribute on. But I feel most people are quite civil and open to discussion, much different experience from most theists seeking out the HAF.
Love reading xSilverPhinx's contributions over there, very thought provoking.

Whitney

Quote from: Stevil on May 18, 2011, 08:09:21 AM
Though I havnt seen Stevil in a while...hope we didnt scare him away.
Maybe the threads I have been involved in haven't been your cup of tea?

I'm still going strong, have made 33 posts so far, just trying to work out where I can learn or add value, obviously the threads with heavy base on scripture or theology are a bit hard for me to contribute on. But I feel most people are quite civil and open to discussion, much different experience from most theists seeking out the HAF.

I'm confused...33?  You've made 641....

edit....are you talking about the catholic forum rather than here?  I had to think for a bit; it's late where I am.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 15, 2011, 09:59:07 PM
Actually I've started posting on the phatmass forum (where all the recent influx of catholics are coming from) and so far so good.
I've been noticing you posting!! I think it's great!

Yeah, the odds of running into one of my posts is higher than running into one of Stevil's since I have a count of 156 so far. So I'm contibuting quite prolifically even though a good portion of those are on the word association thread and other pointless but otherwise engaging stuff. :)

Quote from: Stevil on May 18, 2011, 08:09:21 AM

And I changed my tag from 'non religious' to 'ignostic atheist', because you do have a valid point when there should be no reason not to use the word 'atheist'. I figure that all the people that would've put me on ignore have done so by now.  ;)

Quoteedit....are you talking about the catholic forum rather than here?  I had to think for a bit; it's late where I am.

Yes :)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Stevil

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 18, 2011, 08:59:48 AM
And I changed my tag from 'non religious' to 'ignostic atheist', because you do have a valid point when there should be no reason not to use the word 'atheist'. I figure that all the people that would've put me on ignore have done so by now.  ;)
Woohoo, somebody does listen to me. I think you are representing Atheists very well over there. I am pretty sure you are commanding much respect.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Stevil on May 18, 2011, 09:20:10 AM
Woohoo, somebody does listen to me. I think you are representing Atheists very well over there. I am pretty sure you are commanding much respect.

That's an important thing, representing atheists (especially dispelling what atheists are not), which is what you're doing very well. I read one reply of a poster called Socrates to your post, in which he asked if 'Stevil' was supposed to rhyme with 'evil'...I think I would've handled that situation a little differently. 

Do you post on any other theist forums?

SoTheyTellMe

Quote from: Whitney on May 15, 2011, 03:30:57 AM
I had an account on Christian Forums a long time ago (probably still do if I could remember what login I used).  If I remember correctly the atheists use to have more range but then they made the range even smaller. 

Yep. The site changed hands a few years back (maybe 2-3?, my memory is bad), and the new owners wanted it to become more for Christians than for the interaction between non-Christians and Christians.

^ Hope this doesn't border on necro-posting. Just thought I'd second that since I was a mod on CF for a while.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: enrinteft on May 26, 2011, 05:59:46 AM
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate? I'll just check back at www.happyatheistforum.com for you later.

I just read through all this, but I'm very confused by this post... Did I completely miss something?
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 26, 2011, 06:08:02 AM
Quote from: enrinteft on May 26, 2011, 05:59:46 AM
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate? I'll just check back at www.happyatheistforum.com for you later.

I just read through all this, but I'm very confused by this post... Did I completely miss something?

Could it be a bot?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 26, 2011, 06:24:00 AM

Could it be a bot?

Of course it is, it used an "a" before a vowel, a sure sign.

Heretical Rants

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 26, 2011, 06:44:08 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 26, 2011, 06:24:00 AM

Could it be a bot?

Of course it is, it used an "a" before a vowel, a sure sign.

Ah, but it's not the vowel that matters, it's the vowel sound. It's possible that it/s/he (damn you, English language) meant for it to be pronounced "A 'musement," in which case that particular aspect of what it/s/he wrote would be correct. I'm stil trying to decypher the overall meaning, however.

bicycle

I am interested in finding answers to my questions...

Black36