News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The spurning of large families?

Started by SisterAgatha, January 11, 2018, 04:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 22, 2018, 09:58:14 PM
Quote from: Dragonia on January 22, 2018, 08:17:08 PM
WAIT! I thought Sister Agatha was banned! HOW is this happening?? I'm confused. And sad.  :sshocked:
Maybe my wires got crossed.

Don't worry, she's very much banned.

The announcement must have been on a thread I don't monitor - missed it completely!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on January 11, 2018, 04:23:08 PM
Because they are freakish and unnatrual, in this day and age. In the past families of this size were more common because infant mortality was much higher. But in 1st world countries where the mortality rate has dropped dramatically having families this size is frankly selfish.
HA!  ;D

My answer is along these lines. I just want to add "No glove - no love" to it. I could not give adequate attention and pour adequate resources into any more than a couple of kids - neither can most families with seven or eight of them, at least not in my part of Europe. It's not a sign of great love to have that many children if you then become reliant on social safety nets for your family project to go at least somewhat well - it's a sign of great irresponsibility. So yeah, if I was in the baby making business, I'd consider not having sex without condoms past the number two, three at the most. At least I'd remember their fucking birthdays then - and be able to get them something nice for the occasion. (I'm being slightly, yet oh-so-deliberately hyperbolic here)

Ok. Dead horse whacked. What's next..? oO(Was I starting that Dankula thread, or was that somewhere else..?)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.