News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Stop Besmirching Putin

Started by Bad Penny II, March 28, 2018, 10:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

It seems the most likely thing is that Putin's people killed some one they didn't like, in their signature fashion as a warning to others, again.  I'd have preferred it if Vlad had stuck with polonium though, Vlad The Poloniumator, it's catchy.  Vlad the Novichokor does work better I suppose, maybe that's why he switched?

It's possible, though it doesn't seem likely that UK/USA/Pope/Gay Santa did it, to frame poor old Vlad.  Western intelligence agencies have been known to do some WEIRD shit.

I've heard some strident voices directed at the UK government reaction.
If UK didn't do it they'd know they didn't, so they could safely assume on balance of probs' Vlad did it, a reasonable conclusion, or if they knew they did it, a reasoned reaction.
Assuming it wasn't done by a clandestine branch, MI7¾ or something

Oh no, you're back, you're not helping.

Why can't we all hold hands and sing Kum ba yah Perfect Day?
"Oh, it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a perfect day"

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 28, 2018, 10:55:42 AM
It seems the most likely thing is that Putin's people killed some one they didn't like, in their signature fashion as a warning to others, again.  I'd have preferred it if Vlad had stuck with polonium though, Vlad The Poloniumator, it's catchy.  Vlad the Novichokor does work better I suppose, maybe that's why he switched?

It's possible, though it doesn't seem likely that UK/USA/Pope/Gay Santa did it, to frame poor old Vlad.  Western intelligence agencies have been known to do some WEIRD shit.

I've heard some strident voices directed at the UK government reaction.
If UK didn't do it they'd know they didn't, so they could safely assume on balance of probs' Vlad did it, a reasonable conclusion, or if they knew they did it, a reasoned reaction.
Assuming it wasn't done by a clandestine branch, MI7¾ or something

Oh no, you're back, you're not helping.

Why can't we all hold hands and sing Kum ba yah Perfect Day?
"Oh, it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a perfect day"

Reading between the lines, from the various official announcments, the opinions of pundits and the "confidence" shown by many nations reacting in a similar manner,  I get the idea that it goes beyond, the "balance of probs".  The risks here are considerable, I don't feel that all those nations would decide to tag along just to piss the bogey man off a bit.

Russia's reactions do tend to sound like the bully who defends his stance and actions by claiming that he was attacked first. Too loud, too many variations, too many threats they cannot afford to take action on. Stopping gas to the Ukraine (2014) is typical of their behaviour to that country but did not seriously impact their national income, nor the personal income of the oligarchs - including Putin. The loss of income from the whole of Europe, if they use gas as a "weapon," might be sonewhat more serious. Though China is taking a lot now IIRC.

Russia's history has induced a kind of lasting national paranoia; from the Alans and Mongols in the early middle ages through the Austro-Hungarian empire, the Poles and Germans later they gave been intrigued upon, suffered treachery and double-crossed. The current leaders are only better than the boyars were in that they do not actually "own" the people under them. But the people have been subdued and propagandarised for so long it is just part of their emotional makeup. Like the Chinese there is a veneer of freedom, in comparison to even the recent past, providing you do as you are told. Be good nationalists- as defined by the leaders.

A Russian woman was saying, in a World Service interview just before the election there, that, "Russia needs a strong man to hold it together." The subtext, in my mind, is, "Because the people have so long been denied true, democratic, authority and freedom of action they could not run a nursery without supervision from above." Poor analogy but . . . For balance they also interwiewed some who thought Putin was an evil scumbag who was robbing the country.

Not that "true democratic authority" really exists anywhere - or some countries would be holding elections every third week! (Because it takes a couple of weeks to get the logistics set up.)

[Spell check.]
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

I'm disappointed that it has come to this,
I've never been there but I have, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Bulgakov, Rybakov, Solzhenitsyn.
I love the last bit of Billy Elliot with the Tchaikovsky, but gays aren't welcome there.
They could have normalised, no one threatens them, we can't even give North Korea a slap.
A dictator fucking everything that moves domestically will seek to blame outsiders for all.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Well, is Putin a little malyutka or a man who can handle taking responsibility for his actions?

Letting his handlers go around crying about how unfair everyone is treating him doesn't make him look very manly.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.