News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Thousands turn out for second big Moscow rally

Started by The Magic Pudding, December 24, 2011, 01:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

QuoteA banner held up by a group of protestors said: "We woke up and this is only the beginning."

It was the second big protest this month. On December 10, tens of thousands of people protested in Moscow and many more demonstrated across the country after allegations of vote-rigging in the December 4 election, won by Mr Putin's United Russia party.

Police did not intervene at the last Moscow rally, the largest opposition protest since Mr Putin rose to power 12 years ago.

We've had Ghadafi resist and die, Hosni Mubarak is having some legal problems but he's still breathing.  Putin does seem ruthless, not the type to go easily, difficult journalists have a habit of dying violently, corruption is rife mega money is at stake.  I don't expect he's going anywhere but still, what happened to that popcorn munching smilie?

Asmodean

Well, they suck at post-revolution social reconstruction, so one has to wonder why they even bother... Get rid of the monarch and get seventy years of bullshit and cheap air travel. Topple that and get a worthless drunk to rule a shattered empire... I think they ought to leave their cheating premier alone.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Wessik

I have my own blog! redkarp.blogspot.com!

Tank

Quote from: Wessik on January 15, 2012, 04:50:02 AM
Did somebody say "GUSTAV???"

OK? GUSTAV is a type of beer? Or did I miss the point?  ???
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Wessik

It's kind of a long-standing tradition I have. you see, thanks to my magnificent slurred speech, my words for "good stuff" sound like the russian "Gustav." A friend of mine pointed this out, and from then on, whenever I approve of something or generally all around like something that's happening, I go: "Did somebody say GUSTAV????" Naturally, I had hoped the smiley would supply some context to the situation. I am currently waiting for calls from the trademark office. :D
I have my own blog! redkarp.blogspot.com!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.