Handedness

Started by xSilverPhinx, January 11, 2018, 07:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 12, 2018, 09:23:51 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 12, 2018, 09:11:17 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 12, 2018, 08:56:28 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 12, 2018, 07:02:41 PM

Any false starts, both hands patting or rubbing, before you get the rhythm?

If I rub first, then start patting with the other hand, no problem at all.  A bit challenging to start both at the same time.

Ah! Damn, forgot to specify that! You are suppised to stsrt both at the same time . . .

:picard facepalm:

You are changing the rules in the middle of the game!  That's unconstitutional.  An ex post facto law.

No, that was not a request or instruction, just an admission that a brain cell went missing at a crucial time! Like getting to the end of a joke and realising you have forgotten the punch line. I was face palming in shame...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 12, 2018, 12:11:16 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 11, 2018, 10:21:51 PM
I'm right handed and my man is right handed, but both of our sons are left handed.  :headscratch:

That means both you and your man are heterozygous. :grin:

In other words, you both have the recessive gene for left-handedness which you both passed on to your sons. They just don't get to express themselves in your case because you also both have the gene for right-handedness, which is dominant over the gene for left-handedness.

It's totally possible. What would be weird is if both you and their father were left handed and they turned out right handed. :smilenod:
Thank you for the information, I did not know this...Very interesting...and complicated.

Heterozygous...Hmmmm.  :chin:
I wonder what my man's expression will be when I tell him, "I have a confession,  I think I'm heterozygous...And I according to rumors, you are one too."

:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

I can see the Westboro Baptist Church folks with their signs, "Heterozygous People Doom Nations" or "God Hates the Heterozygous"!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 13, 2018, 01:52:40 PM
I can see the Westboro Baptist Church folks with their signs, "Heterozygous People Doom Nations" or "God Hates the Heterozygous"!
:grin:
Yes, immoral heterozygous!
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Well it seems we have erm...a tendency here. Not exactly 10% lefties but close. :P

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 20, 2018, 02:24:37 PM
Well it seems we have erm...a tendency here. Not exactly 10% lefties but close. :P

That's amazing, considering the small sample size.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 20, 2018, 02:26:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 20, 2018, 02:24:37 PM

That's amazing, considering the small sample size.

:smilenod: I think some regular right-handed posters still didn't vote, I'll be leaving the poll open in case they want to. :grin: