News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Unplanned ProLifer

Started by Sophus, January 08, 2011, 04:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

Does this set anyone else's BS detector off? Apparently the author of this new Prolife book was a "former Planned Parenthood clinic director and employee of the year -- will finally reveal the shocking details of what she saw inside the abortion business and why she resigned her job and joined the pro-life movement." I suspect she has simply reawakened a dormant bias by turning back to her religion. Notice the first bullet point on this site:

QuoteWhat initially attracted Abby to volunteer and then work for Planned Parenthood â€" America’s largest abortion chain â€" even after being raised in a faithful Christian home.
(Emphasis my own)

The strangest claim though is at the top: WARNING - Planned Parenthood tried to file a restraining order to prevent YOU from discovering this information.

Whaaa?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

LegendarySandwich

One word: bullshit.

On the other hand, it sounds like it'd be an interesting read, just to see what she has to say.

EDIT: We should all sign up for the webcast in two days and go together.  :devil:

Sophus

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"One word: bullshit.

On the other hand, it sounds like it'd be an interesting read, just to see what she has to say.

EDIT: We should all sign up for the webcast in two days and go together.  :devil:
It sounds as though she is claiming Planned Parenthood had an abortion quota to make; they were all about making money. Could be some unfortunate truth to that but it's difficult to trust a person like this.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

LegendarySandwich

I don't see having an abortion quota to meet all that terribly unethical or immoral, as long as they aren't coercing the mothers to get abortions or anything like that.

KDbeads

Must be a well funded PP  lol   The 2 closest to me have a waiting list for all procedures (including IUD's, etc) due to extreme lack of funding and staffing.

But, I agree, it's total BS.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

LegendarySandwich

The webcast is starting at 9 PM Eastern today.

LegendarySandwich

Sophus

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"Here's the first chapter of her book, by the way. It looks like bullshit.
Reads more like her personal story than the leaking of dark information it was puffed up to be. Of course it's only one chapter. Will be interesting to see if/when a rebuttal appears.