News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Learning Disabilities and Dyslexia Awareness Month

Started by Dretlin, November 02, 2010, 11:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dretlin

I have struggled with Dyslexia my entire life. And it seems, more than clear, I will have to struggle with it for the rest of my life.

Last month was the "International Dyslexia Association"s "Dyslexia Awareness Month". I am far too late to do anything truly productive toward it. I do wish to hear about your experiences with learning disabilities, whether they be from personal experience or through a friend/other family member.

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Dretlin

Educate yourself, you clearly need it.

One because you demonstrated you know very little and two you really, really  need some original material for jokes.

hismikeness

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"I din'dt nkow abuot this, tahnks.

lol
But Thumpy, I think Dretlin is right. Perhaps your joke was in bad taste and trite. Just remember that dyslexics are teople poo.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Dretlin"Educate yourself, you clearly need it.

One because you demonstrated you know very little and two you really, really  need some original material for jokes.

It's funny that you think you can make safe assumptions based on one joke, too.  Give me some time, I'll think up a good riff for your premature judgments too.

Dretlin

You started this topic with the clear intention of not being polite nor mature about it. I was interested in have a genuine discussion about something that has tormented me my entire learning life.

I have clearly wasted my time with this thread (which I am greatly surprised at) and will chalk it up as a loss before any more time is wasted.

Thumpalumpacus

Of course, you could also learn to laugh at life's difficulties.

Kylyssa

I wouldn't give up on the whole forum yet.

I am a high-functioning autistic.  I have struggled to fit into the world of "normals" my entire life.