News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Cricket, cricket....

Started by McQ, August 11, 2006, 03:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Boy it sure has been quiet in here lately! We need a streaker or something to pep things up.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

iplaw

Onlyme leaves and things get quiet which is nice.  It seems like an athiest board without an outspoken hardline christian is like a NASCAR race without wrecks, everybody just keeps driving their cars around the track in an orderly fashion for 500 miles ...boooorrriiiinnng.  I think we're all waiting for a crash.

Big Mac

Hey I have that crazy Assembly of God friend.....she's way more entertaining than onlyme. However laet and others have reservations (myself semi-included in that) and she may go ballistic and start shooting non-christians left in right in a 12 hour shooting-spree that will involve a high speed chase. I mean she reacts crazily when I calmly engage her in conversation, imagine with all of use heathens in one place.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

iplaw

Yeah...the problem is...it does atheists no good to listen to christian loons and it does christians no good to listen to atheist loons.  We need to steer clear of fundies on both sides.  None of us need the added grief and spike in our blood pressure.

Big Mac

I don't know, she'd be quite fun to listen to. Not to mention she might feel all warm inside for spreading Jebus babble around.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU, ip? Are you an atheist or a christian? ANSWER ME!!!!!
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

iplaw

MommaSquid

Quote from: "McQ"We need a streaker or something to pep things up.

Oh, yes they call him the streak...don't look Ethel!   :lol:

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.  I think we all needed a break after dealing with onlyme.  Eventually we'll need some conversation starters.  Weren't we supposed to have a weekly topic in the philosophy forum?

For now, enjoy the silence.

iplaw

We did and no one participated.

Court

I still think Big M should invite her. :)
But Laetus doesn't. And it is, after all, her forum.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Whitney

You seriously want to have to put up with that type of stupidity?

Court

Eh, it's good to get your blood boiling every once in a while.
I find her robotic following fascinating. In a morbid way.

I honestly think he should send her to WWGHA, though. There are, after all, already a bunch of crazies.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Court

Quote from: "iplaw"We did and no one participated.

I think we were all frightened by your condemnation of people who haven't had time to read all the philosophy. I didn't comment because of that.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

iplaw

Court:

Frightened of me?  I doubt that of you especially.

BTW...we condemn and decry people for being uneducated and stupid here all the time, this thread is a good example.  I just don't want to have to debate about Aquinan philosophy if people won't take the time to read the texts first, that's all.

WDGHA...what an interesting place that is.  I spent lots of time on that board when it first opened when people were actually friendly.  The lunatics have definitely gained control of the assylum over there...it's bad PR for atheists in my opinion.

Whitney

Quote from: "Court"Eh, it's good to get your blood boiling every once in a while.
I find her robotic following fascinating. In a morbid way.

I honestly think he should send her to WWGHA, though. There are, after all, already a bunch of crazies.

I think WWGHA would be a better forum for her just because she wouldn't be as outnumbered with people like wisdom and WTR around to look even more crazy.

Court

Quote from: "iplaw"Court:

Frightened of me?  I doubt that of you especially.

BTW...we condemn and decry people for being uneducated and stupid here all the time, this thread is a good example.  I just don't want to have to debate about Aquinan philosophy if people won't take the time to read the texts first, that's all.

I agree. I just didn't even visit that thread because I didn't want to crossed on something I haven't had time to thoroughly cover. I think many people aren't too versed and probably didn't want to be thrashed about it. I'm not blaming you, certainly, just saying that is probably why that thread died.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]