News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

It's a sign!

Started by Dave, June 03, 2017, 09:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

^ Damn, that makes some of us want to a take photographs of the part that we are told not to photograph.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on July 19, 2017, 01:50:49 AM
^ Damn, that makes some of us want to a take photographs of the part that we are told not to photograph.

Ooh! Can't wait.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Arturo

That is an old style camera in the sign. I don't think this sign was made in 1920.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on July 19, 2017, 05:46:55 AM
That is an old style camera in the sign. I don't think this sign was made in 1920.
Perhaps it means, "No photography with old cameras"?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Asmodean

I kind of liked these.

By the way, this one does not seem to follow the curve of the vehicle where it should. The Asmo, He suspects trickery of some sort, and He shall figure it out, is what He shall.
Quote from: Father Bruno on June 03, 2017, 06:26:07 PM

I need one of these, but in the plural form as in "Children".
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

I want one of those stickers.  The auto appears to be from the state of Georgia where that sentiment is widely taken as an affront.  I do not live in Georgia, so maybe my tires would not be slashed.

Biggus Dickus

Tell me at first glance you didn't read the first word a bit differently?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 21, 2017, 09:02:56 PM

If it's true that it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae then it would make sense that you read that word differently, but still, it could've been that you saw what you wanted to see.  :sidesmile:

Now that you mentioned it I noticed that in the second word a letter is missing. :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 21, 2017, 09:47:12 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on July 21, 2017, 09:02:56 PM

If it's true that it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae then it would make sense that you read that word differently, but still, it could've been that you saw what you wanted to see.  :sidesmile:

Now that you mentioned it I noticed that in the second word a letter is missing. :lol:

I think you can even substitute 25% or more letters with sring letters or random symbols and it remains readable. Edward de Bono played a bit with this sort of thing. Of course, this is demonstrated when I do not carefully edit my posts!  :grin:

I also noticed the "misspelt" second word.

Arturo

So what was really that way? Hmm...
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Whose dictionary are we using to call foul on the spelling of the second word?... Sim-u-la-tion:noun 1. the act or process of simulating (sp)..... 2: an imitation. 3: the assumption of a false appearance.
My spelling checker thingy is OK with the poster's spelling of simulation. .....................Have I lost it  here? Quite possible of course.. Help please.

xSilverPhinx

:lol: It must be because I have a dirty mind. The spelling is correct, I just imagined another letter in the word, making it another word entirely.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on July 22, 2017, 01:49:58 AM
Whose dictionary are we using to call foul on the spelling of the second word?... Sim-u-la-tion:noun 1. the act or process of simulating (sp)..... 2: an imitation. 3: the assumption of a false appearance.
My spelling checker thingy is OK with the poster's spelling of simulation. .....................Have I lost it  here? Quite possible of course.. Help please.

I echo Silver's comment - "Stimulation" is visually close and enhances the "mistake"!

Arturo

But how do we know if it's stimulation or simulation? These are important questions.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on July 22, 2017, 06:38:22 AM
But how do we know if it's stimulation or simulation? These are important questions.

CILT is an acronym for "Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport". A professional group concerned with the promotion of simulation and modelling as a powerful means in the analyses and optimisation of transport and logistics processes.

You folks just have some dirty minds 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."