News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) appears as Tonto in the Lone ranger spoof movie. He likes to eat peanuts.  Movie is a crapper. They never play the theme; William Tell Overture and the Lone Ranger is a woos.

Dave

"Omelizza"
Layer of thin sliced chestnut  mushrooms, three eggs, cook a few minutes without stirring.  Smoked ham, thin sliced cherry toms, more mushrooms and cheese on top then grill.

Yum!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Harmonie

I had frosted sprinkled cake donuts for breakfast. I'm such a healthy eater, I know!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Sandra Craft

Next time, I think green beans as well.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

I sautéd about 5 huge Portobello Mushrooms.

They're the most delicious thing I've ever tasted.  :yum:
If I ever come up with my own religion, I'm gonna forbid people from eating them...that way there will be more just for me.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on November 28, 2017, 01:43:19 AM

If I ever come up with my own religion, I'm gonna forbid people from eating them...that way there will be more just for me.

Look at the Mags taking pictures of food,...wonders never cease to amaze.  :boaterhat:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 28, 2017, 04:13:01 PM

Look at the Mags taking pictures of food,...wonders never cease to amaze.  :boaterhat:
I didn't take that picture. ::)
I just wanted to illustrate how huge Portobello Mushrooms are.
:picard facepalm:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on November 28, 2017, 04:15:56 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on November 28, 2017, 04:13:01 PM

I didn't take that picture. ::)
I just wanted to illustrate how huge Portobello Mushrooms are.
:picard facepalm:

Oh. Well then, I guess wonders do cease to amaze...carry on.

Go on, move along folks nothing else to see here.

Just a picture of some stranger cutting shrooms.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Grilled trout with asparagus, steamed baby potatoes, peas and garlic butter.

Was a bit bothered, first time I have cooked a trout in my halogen grill - got it perfect, meat still moist and just "stroked" off the bones
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

I tell you what I should be eating. More fiber.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Mince. For Americans, I think it could be described as "ground beef and gravy." I've been working on the basic recipe I learned by including a healthy dose of red wine and a sprinkle of "Italian" herbs as well as several splashes of Worcestershire sauce. I think it's coming along rather nicely. Nothing spectacular, but a pleasing deep flavor and fairly healthy if you choose low fat mince and use salt substitute.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Quote from: Recusant on June 01, 2018, 10:34:36 PM
Mince. For Americans, I think it could be described as "ground beef and gravy." I've been working on the basic recipe I learned by including a healthy dose of red wine and a sprinkle of "Italian" herbs as well as several splashes of Worcestershire sauce. I think it's coming along rather nicely. Nothing spectacular, but a pleasing deep flavor and fairly healthy if you choose low fat mince and use salt substitute.

Mince meat? I've only heard that used in old cartoons. Mince is actually a kind of cut that chefs use. It's a really small cut. So for meat it would probably be ground beef.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Bagel with salmon flavored cream cheese, and hot tea.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany