News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I have this song stuck in my head. :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

I should blast that really loud in my car when I drive around. :snicker:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on October 18, 2017, 08:38:25 PM
I should blast that really loud in my car when I drive around. :snicker:
That's right, you got new neighbors recently, didn't you?  :snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Here is a feel good vid.   Lois Armstrong does one of his standards. The girl shown in the scenes is Amira Willighagen a brilliant classical soprano who is a charming little Dutch girl. Amira is in the same league as Jackie Evancho and Laura Bretan. Move over Sarah Brightman.  Interesting juxtapose, Armstrong and Willighagen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ileloune-_8

Magdalena

I'm glad we don't have any snowflakes, or hypersensitive pussy cats here. I can post Kendrick Lamar's music and no one will be offended.  :tellmemore:

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on October 26, 2017, 05:27:56 AM

I'm glad we don't have any snowflakes, or hypersensitive pussy cats here. I can post Kendrick Lamar's music and no one will be offended.  :tellmemore:
Damn, that's a good song.

Any snowflakes here who can't handle it can just run off to their safe place.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on October 26, 2017, 03:07:18 PM
Damn, that's a good song.
It is, isn't it?  :tellmemore:

Quote from: Davin on October 26, 2017, 03:07:18 PM
Any snowflakes here who can't handle it can just run off to their safe place.
Or tweet about it at 3 AM and tell me to apologize for posting it.  :shifty:

No one

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

Something called Echorus by Phillip Glass.  I rather like it even tho I don't often like Glass' work.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Is it too soon to celebrate the weekend?  :unsure:

What is it with this label?  :headscratch:

It's like a magnet! It follows me, or I follow it, I seem to like songs that have that  :airquotes: warning :airquotes: label. Maybe the idea backfired.  :snicker:

Anyways, let's celebrate the weekend!   :dance1:
Yes?

Edit: The video I posted is not there anymore, so I replaced it.

Biggus Dickus

That was cool Mags, wasn't familiar with it French Montana. 8)

With regards to the advisory label, are you surprised as the video was posted by this guy? ;D

I don't know if anyone else here likes the Lumineers, but I've been big fans of theres for 5-6 years and am enjoying there current success...looking forward to seeing them live the next time they visit Detroit.

So if you watch these next three videos from them in the following order they tell a little story, plus the music is awesome!
1) Sleep on the floor
2) Angela
3) Cleopatra

Enjoy!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 27, 2017, 08:20:56 PM

With regards to the advisory label, are you surprised as the video was posted by this guy? ;D

:lol: I didn't see that.

The Lumineers, they're nice but for some reason the man's voice makes me feel a little bit sad...I don't like that.  :(

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on October 27, 2017, 08:49:06 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on October 27, 2017, 08:20:56 PM

:lol: I didn't see that.

The Lumineers, they're nice but for some reason the man's voice makes me feel a little bit sad...I don't like that.  :(

That's one of the qualities of their music I like, the sadness or sentimentality it arouses in me...it's as if you were looking at old pictures, or remembering days and people long gone from your life.

I think, and I'm speaking only for myself here, that it is good to occasionally feel a bit of sadness in our lives. The ability of music to bring that out in me is one of the qualities or benefits from it I'm attracted to the most.

It's sort of like curling up on the couch or in your favorite chair when the weather outside is gloomy, and the house is dark and quite...you pull a blanket or afghan tight around you, and stare out the window, or get lost in a book, and in the background is some warm, yet sentimental music playing along with your mood.

Sometimes sadness is how I connect with the world, with others in my life who are no longer with me, but still alive in my memory.

I think that's a part of love.

Or maybe I'm just a gloomy fuck.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."