News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Autocorrecting usernames

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 04, 2018, 02:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Have you ever been curious to know what your autocorrected username is using Portuguese settings? Look no further!

(Sorry if I forget a few...)

Sempre ah (Asmodean - always ah)
Nas Lenny (Bad Penny - sorry, total nonsense phrase...in the Lenny?)
Bluetooth - Bluenose
Busca (Buddy - search)
Dave
Carl outsourcing (Dark Lightning)
Exibe história (Ecurb - exhibits history)
Esse mãe (Esse Mae - this mother) Though gramatically it would be essa mãe as mãe is a feminine word...
Guardião (Guardian85 - guardian)
Hermes
Icarus
Jogador (joeactor - player)
Junho Jack  (jumbojak - June Jack)
No pm e (No one - at pm and)
Recusar (Recusant - to refuse)
Sandra César (Sandra Craft - Sandra Caesar)
Tamo (Tank - short for estamos, meaning we are)
Tom
Velma
Folhetins (xSilverPhinx - feuilletons or serial stories published in newspapers)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Happy Scheidt fórum - Happy Atheist Forum

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Aschmodeus is the only acceptable autocorrect of The Asmo.  >:( It means Asmo-God in Germano-Latin.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on November 04, 2018, 03:02:57 PM
Aschmodeus is the only acceptable autocorrect of The Asmo.  >:( It means Asmo-God in Germano-Latin.  >:(

:lol: Sorry Sempre ah, it is what it is. :shrug:

:P

Sandra Craft

Carl Outsourcing?  It makes no sense and I love it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Dark Lightning

Carl outsourcing? :lol: [lightning flashes and thunder rumbles in the clouds]

Autocorrect is the bane of people who actually know how to spell.  >:( I used to work in the communications field, specifically with antennas. There are so many words used in that little part of the engineering world that I truly considered putting them on a thumb stick, so that when I worked on a new project; I could load all those words in ahead of time. :P

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 06, 2018, 01:54:01 AM

Autocorrect is the bane of people who actually know how to spell.  >:( I used to work in the communications field, specifically with antennas. There are so many words used in that little part of the engineering world that I truly considered putting them on a thumb stick, so that when I worked on a new project; I could load all those words in ahead of time. :P

But it is a source of great humour, as countless screenshots floating around the interwebs show.  ;D

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 07, 2018, 08:28:15 PM

But it is a source of great humour, as countless screenshots floating around the interwebs show.  ;D

Indeed. One site I used to frequent, the admin was typing text on her phone to post about a "sock puppet". It came out as "cock pimple". I guess if the phone uses what a person types after learning some of the most common words, that might say something about them, but I dunno.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 08, 2018, 01:51:54 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 07, 2018, 08:28:15 PM

Indeed. One site I used to frequent, the admin was typing text on her phone to post about a "sock puppet". It came out as "cock pimple". I guess if the phone uses what a person types after learning some of the most common words, that might say something about them, but I dunno.

:rofl: