A Visit to the Market -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, August 10, 2018, 04:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Held entries open a bit longer than anticipated, but happily that allowed an extra entry or two.  :)

Thank you to all who submitted photos! Please PM me ASAP if I've missed any entries, or otherwise made a mistake in setting this poll.

Members may vote for up to five entries and can change their votes. Voting will close in two weeks.

1. xSilverphinx

2. Lark

3. hermes2015

4. Dave

5. Tank

6. Recusant

7. xSilverPhinx

8. Lark

9. hermes2015

10. Dave

11. Tank

12. Recusant

13. Lark

14. hermes2015

15. Dave

16. Recusant

17. Lark

18. hermes2015

19. Dave

20. Recusant

21. Lark

22. hermes2015

23. Recusant
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

:doh: I managed to miss a couple of entries in my inbox--I apologize.   

Fortunately only one person had voted. Voting has been reset.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Some of them made me drool, some made me laugh out loud.  Going to be hard figuring out how to pick.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

It's a bit disappointing that only 8 people have voted so far.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 22, 2018, 03:22:50 PM
It's a bit disappointing that only 8 people have voted so far.

Surprising too.  This is a particularly luscious subject.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

There is no place to vote as with similar previous polls.  The graph of votes tallied comes up but no place to register my own vote.   Could there be a glitch of some kind in my computer or my mentality?

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on August 22, 2018, 11:13:50 PM
There is no place to vote as with similar previous polls.  The graph of votes tallied comes up but no place to register my own vote.   Could there be a glitch of some kind in my computer or my mentality?

Are any of the choices in the voting in bold type?
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Congratulations to our perennially popular photographer hermes2015 for his win in this photo challenge! Honorable mention to xSilverPhinx for the image of a melon with a personality.  ;D

Thank you to all who contributed images and also to all who participated in the voting. I'm still a bit curious about the problem that Icarus mentioned, though.

We await the theme for our next challenge.  :)
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Yes, well done (again) Hermes!

And a mention for our second placer - had a memory niggle as who took that picture!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Thank you everyone! I am truly astonished that my photo got so many votes. The only explanation I have is that HAFFers appreciate photos of phallic vegetables.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 04, 2018, 01:44:24 PM
Thank you everyone! I am truly astonished that my photo got so many votes. The only explanation I have is that HAFFers appreciate photos of phallic vegetables.

Speak for yourself! It could have been the on-topic nature of the image combined with the regularity of pattern and colour. :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on September 04, 2018, 02:36:47 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on September 04, 2018, 01:44:24 PM

Speak for yourself! It could have been the on-topic nature of the image combined with the regularity of pattern and colour. :grin:

Oh yes, of course.
:thumbsup2:
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I forgot to give background info on my photos. They were all taken in markets in Ottawa and Quebec.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Congrats, Hermes!  8) Phallic or not, those are some fine looking vegtables. ;D

Quote from: Dave on September 04, 2018, 12:54:37 PM
And a mention for our second placer - had a memory niggle as who took that picture!

:grin: :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey