News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

GOOF

Started by Dave, May 18, 2018, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Is there a a group of smelly HAFfers in the <65 sector? Surely not? Yes <65 and explosive (verbally) but smelly???? Don't see that as being an essential part of cantankerousness.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on May 20, 2018, 11:01:20 PM
Is there a a group of smelly HAFfers in the <65 sector? Surely not? Yes <65 and explosive (verbally) but smelly???? Don't see that as being an essential part of cantankerousness.

Hmm, csn be a side effect. A colleague had gut trouble which csused him to fart frequently, when asked if he had "irtitable bowel syndrome" he reckoned not. My comment was thst I certainly did, his bowel syndrome was making me irtitable.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

Hey! What's with the discrimination of us not quite 65 YO grumpies?  I've worked hard at becoming a grumpy old man and now I'm pipped at the post...  Bah, humbug!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Essie Mae

Quote from: Bluenose on May 21, 2018, 11:11:35 AM
Hey! What's with the discrimination of us not quite 65 YO grumpies?  I've worked hard at becoming a grumpy old man and now I'm pipped at the post...  Bah, humbug!

What's the matter with you young'ns these days? Can't you delay gratification at all?! Bah humbug, (but if you're really really grumpy 😡 I personally wouldn't bar you but their lordships are the one with clout)😀
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on May 21, 2018, 01:53:01 PM

What's the matter with you young'ns these days? Can't you delay gratification at all?! Bah humbug, (but if you're really really grumpy 😡 I personally wouldn't bar you but their lordships are the one with clout)😀

Hmm, some say that age is a matter of perception and temperament as chronology. "Old beyond his/her years" is a well worn cliché

And no offucers have been elected as yet - I only offered tge idea and asked for rules. Perhaps it will be a true collective, a perfect democracy, eqch equal to the other?

Naw . . .

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Essie Mae on May 20, 2018, 11:01:20 PM

I would like to point out that the "smelly" criteria in my proposed rule relates to "disposition", not body odor.  That's what makes an "Old Fart" - the disposition.  And 65 is clearly "old", where as younger than 65 is not necessarily old.  Over 65 and you have definitely rounded 3rd base.  Anyway, what's wrong with being arbitrary?  Therefore, I must continue to advocate for and insist upon adoption of my Rule 1.  If we can't get past membership, we are not going to get very far.

Magdalena

:this: :geezer!:

65?  :notsure: I don't qualify...But...

Some of us are right at the start of the Post Midlife Crisis -Crisis, and between PMS and Premenopausal/ Menopausal, soon to be Postmenopausal/witch -stage.

Somewhere around there.

Is it the intensity of the grumpiness and how you use it that matters to the order or being 65 and over?  :eyebrow:

The order would benefit by accepting members who don't qualify for being too young...take Asmodean, for example, he is a young man, but deep down he's a Grumpy Old Fart and proud of it. I hope No one qualifies, as well.

You're all very special.
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bluenose

Yes.  all of the above and...   GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
I don't actually have a lawn, but it's principle of the thing...

GNU Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Quote from: Bluenose on May 22, 2018, 07:26:37 AM

:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bluenose

Quote from: Magdalena on May 22, 2018, 07:36:33 AM

Exactly, I'm an equal opportunity curmudgeon!

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Bluenose on May 22, 2018, 12:42:21 PM

Tank

Bullshit!

You never let a person get a word in edgewise!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on May 22, 2018, 02:49:22 PM

Bullshit!

You never let a person get a word in edgewise!

Bluenose

GNU Terry Pratchett