News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Marvel vs. DC Cinemativ Universes?

Started by SisterAgatha, November 14, 2017, 04:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Which do you prefer and why?

I will have to go with Marvel. All superheroes are a bit of a stretch, yet at least with Marvel there is some logical explanation as to how the heroes got to have their powers

(Thor stretches reality..but that is sort of an exception..incidentally he is my favorite Avenger..kind of a blend between the boyscout Captain America and the selfish nihilist Tony Stark. He is arrogant and vain at some level...but he is trying to be humble and pure of heart...he is complicated so to speak)

DC seems to take itself a bit too seriously and too many of the characters are too "godlike" ( I mean like Greek or norse gods..not he one true god lol)

thoughts? Ideas?

Dave

Back to this mode are you?

A. "God" is a psychopathic avatar of mankind's darker side who slays thousands at a wave because they annoy it and drowns 99.99999999999999999% of all life on Earth in a bit of a snit.

B. "God" is an ever loving representation of mankind's gentle and nurturing nature that would save every sparrow.

C. "God" is merely an excuse for anything mankind can blame or praise (or both simultaneously).

What do you think?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on November 14, 2017, 05:23:40 PM
Back to this mode are you?

A. "God" is a psychopathic avatar of mankind's darker side who slays thousands at a wave because they annoy it and drowns 99.99999999999999999% of all life on Earth in a bit of a snit.

B. "God" is an ever loving representation of mankind's gentle and nurturing nature that would save every sparrow.

C. "God" is merely an excuse for anything mankind can blame or praise (or both simultaneously).

What do you think?

:secrets1: I think you have it backwards.

God is all three of them.
What they call, the Trinity.

The Father:

The Son:

The Unholy Spirit:

~Amen. :devil2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

SisterAgatha

OK people lets try to stay on track.

I am not talking about God Im talking about superheroes.

I think we could all stand to show a bit more respect. Now..marvel or Dc..which is it and why?

Davin

Now we have to argue over it! Which I guess was probably the point of the thread, to try to create some conflict. Pick something that is known to have strong proponents on both "sides" then get people talking about it and then: bam, people getting all upset at each other over something silly. I don't think that is going to work here though, but I'll give it a shot.

If you like the DCU, then you're an idiot because the MCU is obviously superior!

If you like the MCU, then you're an idiot because the DCU is obviously superior!

Actually, I don't care. Why does there need to be conflict over it? I like some things in both and dislike some things in both.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 15, 2017, 04:49:26 PM
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/vVkoPPU.gif
[/gifv]

Thor is both...Yes?
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/AxXVTbi.gif
[/gifv]

I think we could all stand to show a bit more respect. Now..marvel or Dc..which is it and why?
Now you want to talk to us about respect...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Davin on November 15, 2017, 04:55:51 PM
Now we have to argue over it! Which I guess was probably the point of the thread, to try to create some conflict. Pick something that is known to have strong proponents on both "sides" then get people talking about it and then: bam, people getting all upset at each other over something silly. I don't think that is going to work here though, but I'll give it a shot.

If you like the DCU, then you're an idiot because the MCU is obviously superior!

If you like the MCU, then you're an idiot because the DCU is obviously superior!

Actually, I don't care. Why does there need to be conflict over it? I like some things in both and dislike some things in both.

And I stopped reading such stuff in, oh, must be about 1960 . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Magdalena on November 15, 2017, 07:25:46 PM
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/vVkoPPU.gif
[/gifv]

Thor is both...Yes?
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/AxXVTbi.gif
[/gifv]
Speaking of staying on track, superheroes, gods, and stuff...this just came to mind:
Tank is like Thor now.  :notsure:

For the record...
I was only kidding when I made this post: :shifty:
Quote from: Magdalena on March 29, 2017, 07:14:56 AM
If we want more people to join the forum, we need to learn to do some of this shit right here.

We should give Tank one of those powerful weapons.  :notsure:
He could spread atheism at a much faster rate.

:grin: