I Confess!

Started by SisterAgatha, November 07, 2017, 03:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 10, 2017, 08:48:14 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 08:20:44 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 10, 2017, 12:35:53 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on November 09, 2017, 10:34:42 PM
I'm currently meditating on the maturing of Yule brew, and the fermentation of brown ale. Soon I shall enter the meditative state known as bottling.

This Yule brew isn't going to involve any odd flavors, is it?  Like pumpkin, or cranberry?  Or maybe roast goose?

Or, (shudder) Brussel sprouts!?
No, just a dark brew seasoned with cinnammon, nutmeg, anise and a hint of sweet orange.
Total crapshoot as to how it will turn out, so I set a bog standard brown ale just in case....
Sounds a bit like mulled ale but without the red hot poker!

http://cask-marque.co.uk/cask-matters/make-mulled-ale/

OK, that one doesn't use a poker either...

Got my saliva running now . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 10, 2017, 07:16:29 PM
We didn't enjoy it because that's not an accurate or even a real "snapshot" of a typical Catholic School of the 70s...I know because I spend 12 fucking years in a Catholic School. (As I described in your intro page)
Your idea of a typical "Catholic School" it would appear, is one that you've gleaned from movies and television and not from a real experience.

Yes, it looked like a caricature more than anything. Tell me SisterAgatha, did you actually attend a Catholic school in the 70s? Judging from your posts I would say most probably not, I would guess you're barely past your teens.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 10, 2017, 05:02:33 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 04:39:48 PM
None of that absolves you of your guilt, Aggie. Nether, so far as we are concerned, will a life time of Hail Marys.

Only you can repair the fault by deciding to be a sensible person in future and treating all others with the respect they deserve.

oh lighten up it was only a bit of fun!

So lying qualifies as "a bit of fun" for Catholics?  Do priests get away with pedophilia because that's what is considered "mischief"?  I think you should not be speaking for your church "Sister", they have enough image problems without your help.

I also think Father Bruno went easy on you.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 09, 2017, 10:38:12 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 09, 2017, 02:37:19 PM
I make beer and drink beer, it's got bubbles and beery goodness.
I meditate on the mysteries of the yeast in my fermenting vessel.

I'd rather own my life, live without a land lord, any kinda forken lord.
Me, too!  :beer:

I'm currently meditating on the maturing of Yule brew, and the fermentation of brown ale. Soon I shall enter the meditative state known as bottling.

What's drinking? The worshiping phase? :grin:
Communion.   :dominidomini: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 09, 2017, 02:37:19 PM
I make beer and drink beer, it's got bubbles and beery goodness.
I meditate on the mysteries of the yeast in my fermenting vessel.

I'd rather own my life, live without a land lord, any kinda forken lord.
Me, too!  :beer:

Ye bottling, the washing,
repetition, repetition
Don't talk to me!
Did I rinse that bottle thrice?
Or only twice?
I'll rinse it again just to be sure.
Some ascend, get themselves some kegs.
I haven't done that yet.

I'm a devotee of the toucan stout
https://club.coopers.com.au/coopers-forum/topic/11472/
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 10, 2017, 03:20:07 PMI think all we really know about this person up to this point is that they are extremely misogynist, a vapid holocaust denier, obviously anti-semantic, and extremely bad at trolling.

Have I left anything out?

Only occasionally anti-semantic; enough to make it clear that SisterAgatha is not an English teacher.  :lol:

I didn't see the Holocaust denial, but I'd say SisterAgatha does have somewhat of a fixation on Jews and perhaps harbors some un-examined prejudice against them.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

SisterAgatha, despite the rather unsavory beginning to your membership at this site, I for one would rather you stuck around and made an effort to engage in honest dialogues. A Catholic perspective would be welcome, in my opinion. Despite my personal animus to the Catholic church, it is still a powerful element of human society and shouldn't be ignored in the discussions we have here. Right now, you're under threat of a permanent ban, but if you can find it in yourself to be civil and present your position with reason and evidence (avoid preaching), in a few months that threat could be lifted.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on November 11, 2017, 05:04:09 PM
SisterAgatha, despite the rather unsavory beginning to your membership at this site, I for one would rather you stuck around and made an effort to engage in honest dialogues. A Catholic perspective would be welcome, in my opinion. Despite my personal animus to the Catholic church, it is still a powerful element of human society and shouldn't be ignored in the discussions we have here. Right now, you're under threat of a permanent ban, but if you can find it in yourself to be civil and present your position with reason and evidence (avoid preaching), in a few months that threat could be lifted.
I agree.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 11, 2017, 05:06:50 PM
I agree.

Seconded.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on November 11, 2017, 04:54:46 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on November 10, 2017, 03:20:07 PMI think all we really know about this person up to this point is that they are extremely misogynist, a vapid holocaust denier, obviously anti-semantic, and extremely bad at trolling.

Only occasionally anti-semantic; enough to make it clear that SisterAgatha is not an English teacher.  :lol:

Best typo ever! :lol:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2017, 05:13:00 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 11, 2017, 05:06:50 PM
I agree.

Seconded.
*Psh...* I don't know.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

With those conditions in place, I'd be willing to give her another chance.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Yes, a chance for sendibke debste.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2017, 05:14:09 PM
Quote from: Recusant on November 11, 2017, 04:54:46 PM

Best typo ever! :lol:

This is funny, I only wish I had been clever enough to have done this purposely; alas it's only reflects the fact that I am also not an English teacher...nor very good at proof reading.  ::)

I also agree with Recusant, and I would like to see Sister Agatha stick around for a while, as long as they come completely clean with whomever they actually  are.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."