Brazilian queer art exhibition cancelled after campaign by rightwing protesters

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 13, 2017, 11:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Brazilian queer art exhibition cancelled after campaign by rightwing protesters (The Guardian)

This happened in my city, how embarrassing! These Christian rightwingers are just as bad as thin-skinned muslims who can't bear to see any physical representation of their their beloved prophet, so they seek to censure! :rant1:   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on September 14, 2017, 12:20:45 AM
Well Ag...

I prefer 'argentum' myself.  :snooty:

;D ;)

Quotestupid is as stupid does.

Yes, and stupid grouped with more stupid just...*sigh*.

My ridiculously religious aunt is 'liking' every post on Facebook on the subject it seems. I'm seriously considering unfriending her.   :d'oh!:

I wish I could throw a :FSM moon: at these anal Bible thumpers.

No one

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on September 14, 2017, 12:34:55 AM
Doesn't the babble have an anti sodomy clause?

Apparently it does, and sodomy is the reason my religious neighbour is always losing his keys, dontchya know?

No one

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on September 14, 2017, 12:41:47 AM
How do they fit next to his head?

I'm not sure, but since most religious heads are so inflated with a sense of their own self-importance it could be difficult to fit anything next to them.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 13, 2017, 11:55:44 PM
Brazilian queer art exhibition cancelled after campaign by rightwing protesters (The Guardian)

This happened in my city, how embarrassing! These Christian rightwingers are just as bad as thin-skinned muslims who can't bear to see any physical representation of their their beloved prophet, so they seek to censure! :rant1:   

This kind of thing makes me so very angry. Just because there are a few enlightened countries where gays can live in peace, we tend to think that the battles have been won. Unfortunately, the reality is that they still live in fear in many countries.

Try not to be embarrassed. I don't think any sensible person will judge all citizens by the actions of their stupid governments.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

The thing is hermes, tiny minds have no room for things like rationality and understanding.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 14, 2017, 05:54:34 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 13, 2017, 11:55:44 PM

This kind of thing makes me so very angry. Just because there are a few enlightened countries where gays can live in peace, we tend to think that the battles have been won. Unfortunately, the reality is that they still live in fear in many countries.

Try not to be embarrassed. I don't think any sensible person will judge all citizens by the actions of their stupid governments.

Thing is, supposedly "enlightened" or the very least educated people are in an uproar over this. My aunt, for instance, is an anesthesiologist. Does that mean that she's more tolerant of other lifestyles and less hypocritical? Nope. Why she and the armies of religious fanatics feel they have to stick their noses where they don't belong baffles me.

As for the bank where the exhibits were shown... Instead of standing by whatever principles they had when they agreed to show the art, they have backed down and offered a public apology to the offended groups, and alienated the other side in the process.   

Icarus

xSilverPhinx