News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Ark park failure blamed on atheists?

Started by joeactor, June 23, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Dave

Is there not likely to be a large constituency, including reactionary, fundamentalist elephants in Congress, who will jerk their knees and try to use Ham's string of crap to inflame the holy bigots?

Could be even more uncomfortable to be a declared atheist in Red Neck Country.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Well, to be honest, I only signed up to be a godless heathen for the power of mind control.

Davin

I think that makes it official, atheists are more powerful than their god. I guess in this case, it is not the followers of Baal who get burned.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

What a dopey weasel. On the other hand, GO Team A! :mb lol:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

What a horrendous stain that man is in the underpants of humanity. Arse dribble of the worst sort!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I always knew being an atheist means we have superpowers; coupled with the ever-powerful secular media we beat Ken Ham who certainly must have god on his side! :snicker:

What's he going to do next I wonder?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on June 23, 2017, 05:00:20 PM
What a horrendous stain that man is in the underpants of humanity. Arse dribble of the worst sort!

I like that way of putting it.  :sidesmile:

He truly is disgusting.

Ali

Wait, what is the argument here? That we made people not want to go to his shitty "museum" by blogging about it or something? I would think that if religious people wanted to go to his thing, they would and not care what atheists think. And if lots of people were going, it would be a success and they'd get more investers and whatever. It's almost like this guy is dishonest and wants to blame others for his failings!

Arturo

Quote from: Ali on June 23, 2017, 05:25:35 PM
Wait, what is the argument here? That we made people not want to go to his shitty "museum" by blogging about it or something? I would think that if religious people wanted to go to his thing, they would and not care what atheists think. And if lots of people were going, it would be a success and they'd get more investers and whatever. It's almost like this guy is dishonest and wants to blame others for his failings!

Funny. Cuz that's EXACTLY what it is lol. His kind of Christian are the kind with a persecution complex and little self esteem lol
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

Nothing at all to do with the fact that he put it in an area without any other attractions nearby or charged an admission fee that is out of reach of many of the people the park is aimed at. I can't locate it right now, but I read an article that said the park has not done much of anything for the local economy. If anything, it has nearly bankrupted the area as all the promised economic growth that was supposed to come after the park opened failed to materialize, in addition to the stunning amount of tax breaks given to the park.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Icarus

Kentucky has a governor who a similar simpleton.  The governor wants to have "prayer patrols" so that crime in Louisville will be diminished. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/angry-kentucky-governor-matt-bevin-claims-cr

Come to think of it, Rand Paul is from Kentucky and he is also an odd ball, just not to the same extent as Ham and Bevin.  Could there be some correlation between the quirky behavior of Kentuckians and the fact that the state has an impressive array of distilleries of hard liquor. ?

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on June 25, 2017, 06:35:51 PM
Kentucky has a governor who a similar simpleton.  The governor wants to have "prayer patrols" so that crime in Louisville will be diminished. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/angry-kentucky-governor-matt-bevin-claims-cr

Come to think of it, Rand Paul is from Kentucky and he is also an odd ball, just not to the same extent as Ham and Bevin.  Could there be some correlation between the quirky behavior of Kentuckians and the fact that the state has an impressive array of distilleries of hard liquor. ?
I always thought Kentuckians were skinny, gap toothed, straggly bearded, barefooted, dungaree and tatty straw hat wearing, people who danced in a jerky, gangly sort of way.

Or is that only the women (who are all called Sue-Ellen, Sue-Mary, Sue-Ann, Ellie-May, Ellie-Ann or similar)?

PS: tsk, I forgot "banjo playin' "
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Velma on June 25, 2017, 03:05:51 AM
Nothing at all to do with the fact that he put it in an area without any other attractions nearby or charged an admission fee that is out of reach of many of the people the park is aimed at.

I looked at the website out of interest and thought it seemed really expensive to take a family there.  There also doesn't look to be that much there, a big wooden boat and a few animals.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on June 25, 2017, 06:35:51 PM

Prayer patrols! :rofl: