Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 07:25:41 PM »
All the diodes down the right side of my face are aching.

Got trigeminal neuralgia type thing. Not horrendously painful but if it is capable of aching it is aching - head, eye, ear, teeth, jaw . . .

I forgot nose.

Diodes? Are you a cyborg Dave?
Philosophy / Re: Moral puzzle
« Last post by Dave on Today at 07:06:44 PM »
I will only speak to my personal feelings.
"Complete" to me, in this case, means "wholly finished, all put together again, no spaces missing".
Having had this happen to me many times, I would argue that it is most certainly NOT complete!
Makes me darn tootin' mad is what it does!
And the more pieces it's supposed to have, the crazier it makes me!
My kids think it's funny, a cute trick, to steal a piece and hide it, then when I finish the puzzle and start scouring under the table and behind chairs, getting myself all worked up, they triumphantly produce the piece, so they can say they "finished it".

Interesting you say, "...no spaces missing." Dragonia, rather than, "...no pieces missing." Philosophically that implies that a completed puzzle is one comprised entirely of "spaces," one that has no "pieces."
 :geezersay:

(I'll get me coat shall I?)
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by Dave on Today at 06:58:44 PM »
Something else to be grumpy about. Last night I went to the grocery store. My husband wanted some strawberry ice cream and some chocolate ice cream. The store had neither in his favorite brand. How does a store run out of two of the most popular flavors of one of the most popular ice cream brands in the country?!  :rant1:

Along the same lines, the tractor supply store near me is the only one within a hundred-mile radius that carries the dog food that my dog eats. There have been a couple of times through the years that they have run out of his kind and I had to switch my dog's food.... because I waited until he was OUT of food before I dragged my butt to the store.
So then I get to deal with a dog with an upset tummy... I guess that's what I get for being a procrastinator....
But how can they let something go out of stock if they're the ONLY ones who carry something????  :rant1:

You only carry a critical stock level 'cos "excess" inventory = idle money that could have been earning interest.

When everyone went barcode crazy we were told that it meant that stocking levels would be automatically replenished when they fell below a certain level.

Ha, ha, flipping, ha, ha!
Obituaries / Re: Koko, the Fine Gorilla Person
« Last post by Ecurb Noselrub on Today at 06:42:41 PM »
I would think that calling herself “queen” would indicate a level of self-consciousness that I think the higher mammals have.  Learning language probably helped her develop this awareness.
« Last post by Dragonia on Today at 06:39:31 PM »
I will only speak to my personal feelings.
"Complete" to me, in this case, means "wholly finished, all put together again, no spaces missing".
Having had this happen to me many times, I would argue that it is most certainly NOT complete!
Makes me darn tootin' mad is what it does!
And the more pieces it's supposed to have, the crazier it makes me!
My kids think it's funny, a cute trick, to steal a piece and hide it, then when I finish the puzzle and start scouring under the table and behind chairs, getting myself all worked up, they triumphantly produce the piece, so they can say they "finished it".
« Last post by Ecurb Noselrub on Today at 06:38:40 PM »
Yes, she can claim completion, and I would accept her claim. She placed every available piece correctly, searched for he missing piece, but could not find it. What more could she do. Having exhausted the physical possibilities, she cannot be required morally or ethically to do more.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by Dragonia on Today at 06:27:43 PM »
Something else to be grumpy about. Last night I went to the grocery store. My husband wanted some strawberry ice cream and some chocolate ice cream. The store had neither in his favorite brand. How does a store run out of two of the most popular flavors of one of the most popular ice cream brands in the country?!  :rant1:

Along the same lines, the tractor supply store near me is the only one within a hundred-mile radius that carries the dog food that my dog eats. There have been a couple of times through the years that they have run out of his kind and I had to switch my dog's food.... because I waited until he was OUT of food before I dragged my butt to the store.
So then I get to deal with a dog with an upset tummy... I guess that's what I get for being a procrastinator....
But how can they let something go out of stock if they're the ONLY ones who carry something????  :rant1:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by Dave on Today at 01:41:26 PM »
And bloody Tesco have moved stuff around again and a member of staff needed a phone app and looks down three aisles to not find what the customer before me wanted then the app and an abortive trip down one aisle to find what I wanted and then it was out of stock and Tesco is about as much use as an empty fire extinguisher in a conflagration. No, hang on, you can throw the extinguisher at a window to get out.

Six items wanted, two out of stock - par for the course.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Multi-Association Thread
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 01:05:13 PM »

:lol: :frolic:

I didn't want to censor Arturo's borderline NSFW image, or even meddle to the extent of editing in spoiler tags, but I didn't think it was cool to have it at the top of the page, greeting everyone who clicked on the thread for who knows how long. Sometimes this thread can linger on the same page for weeks. So I chose a different means of dealing with it.  ;)

:snicker:

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Does Anybody Here Remember...
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 12:50:44 PM »
Are pumpkin seeds even digestible? :notsure: Unless of course the whole point of swallowing them is because they're not... ;D

Heart and liver health. Pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber. This combination has benefits for both the heart and liver. The fiber in pumpkin seeds helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease.

By Dr. Mercola

If you're in the mood for a chewy snack that doubles as a phenomenal health food, look no further than pumpkin seeds.

With a wide variety of nutrients ranging from magnesium and manganese to copper, protein and zinc, pumpkin seeds are nutritional powerhouses wrapped up in a very small package. They also contain plant compounds known as phytosterols and free-radical scavenging antioxidants,1 which can give your health an added boost.

Because these are high-fiber seeds, they’re able to boost your fiber intake, helping you reach the ideal amount of 50 grams per 1,000 calories consumed.

Are you going to doubt Dr. Mercola Phinx?

Um...no? :worried:

;D

Ok, so they're partially digestible. Still, they're high-fiber which means they're not that digestible. So yeah.   :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10