News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by Marke, October 24, 2006, 03:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marke

Hi all, I have been on the WWGHA board for the last few weeks, it seems to be on the fritz tonight, well, hopefully its just tonight!

anyway, looks like half of the heavy posters there are here as well so HI.

for those that don't know me from WWGHA, I am a non-theist agnostic that was for many years a Fundy Christian.
 :oops:

Marke.

McQ

Welcome, Marke! If you're in Alabama, you aren't allowed to be an agnostic. You have to leave immediately.  :D

I lived in Enterprise, AL while I was in flight school at Ft. Rucker.

I don't know the other forum you referenced, but many people here are familiar with it.

Again, welcome.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Hey Marke...good to see you here.

McQ...WWGHA stands for Why Won't God Heal Amputees...it is/was a site against fundamentalist christianity which had a forum attached to it...its sister site is www.godisimaginary.com

McQ

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Hey Marke...good to see you here.

McQ...WWGHA stands for Why Won't God Heal Amputees...it is/was a site against fundamentalist christianity which had a forum attached to it...its sister site is www.godisimaginary.com

Ahhh....thank you for that. I think now I remember hearing about it. Forgot what it was.

And I just realized I never got back to you on the Pale Blue Dot idea. Man, I don't know how I forgot. I haven't made anything yet, but I'll see about a logo based on it. Gotta get my Photoshop savvy son on it.
--Penn Jillette

Marke

Quote from: "McQ"Welcome, Marke! If you're in Alabama, you aren't allowed to be an agnostic. You have to leave immediately.  :) this is the DEEP south

M

Whitney

Quote from: "McQ"And I just realized I never got back to you on the Pale Blue Dot idea. Man, I don't know how I forgot. I haven't made anything yet, but I'll see about a logo based on it. Gotta get my Photoshop savvy son on it.

Thanks...but feel free to take your time.  I'm not really planning on making any big changes to the site till after the semester is over...I figure with a new logo I'll redo the color scheme too.  Too bad I can't visualize how you are picturing a the pale blue dot as a logo...i keep thinking of a tiny dot surrounded by a larger circle.

McQ

Quote from: "Marke"
Quote from: "McQ"Welcome, Marke! If you're in Alabama, you aren't allowed to be an agnostic. You have to leave immediately.  :) this is the DEEP south

M

Cool. Thanks for taking good care of those aircraft. I know when I was there, the maintenance was superb. And do I ever know what you're saying about watching how you refer to yourself down there.

They have every kind of religion you could want, as long as Baptist is in the title!
--Penn Jillette