News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Bruce - my introduction

Started by Bruce, September 18, 2006, 03:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

Howdy folks. My name is Bruce, I am an ExChristian and an atheist. I am also one of the admins for Ex-Christian.net. While I appreciate ExC, I also want a forum to talk with other atheists, like myself. I have moved to what some have called the post-atheist phase in my life. By that, I mean religion has no interest for me in any personal exploratory aspect. I still wonder about it from a sociological and psychological aspect, like a micro-biologist is interested in bacteria.

Bruce
A theist *knows* god exists, like a schitsophrenic *knows* his cat is plotting to steal his car

joeactor

Quote from: "Bruce"Howdy folks. My name is Bruce, I am an ExChristian and an atheist. I am also one of the admins for Ex-Christian.net. While I appreciate ExC, I also want a forum to talk with other atheists, like myself. I have moved to what some have called the post-atheist phase in my life. By that, I mean religion has no interest for me in any personal exploratory aspect. I still wonder about it from a sociological and psychological aspect, like a micro-biologist is interested in bacteria.
Bruce

Hello Bruce,

Nice to have another Ex-Christian on board (I was Catholic myself).
How long were you in for?

I'll check out your other site as well...

Welcome aboard,
  JoeActor

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, Bruce.  It's nice to see a new face here.

McQ

Good to have you here, Bruce. Welcome.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Squid

Welcome aboard Bruce.

Whitney

Hey Bruce, welcome. Ex-Chrisitans is a wonderful site, I especially like many of the letters people send in...did you help to create ExC?

Tom62

Hi Bruce,
welcome to the club!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Woody

Welcome, Bruce.  Good to see you here.

Bruce

Woody & All,

I was a Christian until around 32 years of age. I was raised in a non-fundamentalist Southern Baptist tradition and drifted over to the Presbyterian Church when the fundy takeover of the SBC occurred. I finally realized the profound truths of my doubts when I was taking graduate apologetics for a masters degree to be a minister/counselor. It took me a while to let go of the beliefs I had been raised in and I labelled myself a deist for a few years, until I realized that the same foundational reasons that lay behind my inabaility to believe in the Abrahamic god, applied to the deistic version as well.

I am one of the co-founders, is you choose to view it that way, of Ex-Christian.net Forums and am one of the Site Administrators. I am Bruce on Ex-C Forums as well. I was a debator in college and debate is still one of my passions, most of my personal time on ExC is spent debating theists in the Arena or Coloseum areas.

Bruce
A theist *knows* god exists, like a schitsophrenic *knows* his cat is plotting to steal his car

Tom62

Just nitpicking, I love your signature but shouldn't it be "schizophrenic" instead of "schitsophrenic"?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bruce

Schizophrenia (ic) is the proper spelling. It is deliberately misspelled for a reason. It is a play off of a quote from "Fundies Say the Darndest Things"

Big Mac

You are welcome here as long as you answer this question....

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Bruce

42 is the answer for everything

McQ

Quote from: "Bruce"42 is the answer for everything

Sorry, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

The coorect answer is the following question: "African or European Swallow?"

:D

But you can stay anyway.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Let's put it to a wombat and penguin vote.......everyone not not not anti against not for him vote Wombat! To do this you do a happy dance and say, "ICKY ICKY ICKY WOMBAT!" three times reallly fast so that it's incomprehensible! THen all those who are for against ambivalent against for anti somewhat against him say, "PEN-PEN-PEN-PENGUINS!!!" and must perform a silly dance as well.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?