News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hiya

Started by ~Jonathan~, August 04, 2006, 07:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Jonathan~

Hiya,

I'm in my early 30's and an atheist.

It's good to be here  8)

Jonathan.

MikeyV

Welcome :-)
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

Court

Welcome to the forum, Jonathan. :)
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Whitney

Welcome, Jonathan.

McQ

Welcome, Jonathan. Buckle your seat beat, and keep your head, arms and legs inside of the car at all times!
 :)
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Squid

Hola Jonathan, good to have you.

Asmodean Prime

Hello, Jonathan

It's good to be here.  But it's not good to be an atheist.

Ok, Ok, I'm bracing myself for the tongue lashing, ok?

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum.   :)

I hope you have some Tylenol handy.

~Jonathan~

Hi guys.  Thanks for all the welcomes.  It's really good to be here  :D

QuoteWelcome, Jonathan. Buckle your seat beat, and keep your head, arms and legs inside of the car at all times!

Will do, thanks for the advice  8)

silviakjell

Hi Jonathan!
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Big Mac

Quote from: "onlyme"Hello, Jonathan

It's good to be here.  But it's not good to be an atheist.

Ok, Ok, I'm bracing myself for the tongue lashing, ok?

Yeah because we totally killed 9 million Jews and minorities and we also caused things like the Crusades, the Inquisition, the torture and enslavement of millions of Blacks (and justified it with a religious book), etc. Yeah, it's really not good to be an atheist.

You are a fucking retard. I'm sorry but even I'm growing weary of your retardedness.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Asmodean Prime

You are entitled to your opinion Bigmac.  What has 9 million jews got to do with anything?  As for the inquisition, I, Myself didn't carry it out.  Nor do I agree with what happened AT ALL.  Surely you know that you can't lump EVERY CHRISTIAN in with things that were carried out by other people?  Just like I don't label all atheists as inherently bad, or wife beaters, or anything.  But in my opinion, it is not good to be an atheist, just like in your opinion it is not good to be a Christian.  We all are entitled to our opinions, are we not?

There is no need to resort to name calling.  As I'm sure you realise, you have plenty backing on this forum for your views anyway.

Asmodean Prime

OK, maybe I did resort to name calling in a few of my recent posts, Bigmac, but only in jest.   I don't hate atheists, BTW.  There is not one atheist on this earth that I hate.  In fact, I have quite a good number of mates who are atheists, as I said before, I work with them.   But I don't have to agree with their views, and I don't think it's good to hold those views.  It is better to be a Christian, in my belief.  That's just my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

You can call me all you want jokingly, and I won't take offence.  You can call me whatever you want seriously, and I can't take offence. Nor would I want to. Life's too short.

Why would you get so touchy anyway, over me saying that?  I get the same thing constantly on this forum, if you've noticed, only the other way round, obviously.  A little fair play would be appreciated.

Big Mac

Quote from: "onlyretarded"You are entitled to your opinion Bigmac.  What has 9 million jews got to do with anything?  As for the inquisition, I, Myself didn't carry it out.  Nor do I agree with what happened AT ALL.  Surely you know that you can't lump EVERY CHRISTIAN in with things that were carried out by other people?  Just like I don't label all atheists as inherently bad, or wife beaters, or anything.  But in my opinion, it is not good to be an atheist, just like in your opinion it is not good to be a Christian.  We all are entitled to our opinions, are we not?

Oh really? You didn't huh, then what does this mean:

Quote from: "onlyretarded"Hello, Jonathan

It's good to be here. But it's not good to be an atheist.

I don't think it's good to be a christian. It's a cult and the most violent and dangerous one that battles with its runner-up (Islam) in a violent knock-down, drag-out style war. What have we atheists done in the name of atheism that amounts to this, dick?

Quote from: "onlyretarded"There is no need to resort to name calling.  As I'm sure you realise, you have plenty backing on this forum for your views anyway.

Probably not but you drew first blood, so don't bitch if we call you things like retard and MUGGER. Don't like the heat, don't step into the kitchen, ass-master.

The reason we get touchy is because people like you perpetuate bad things against us. It's like asking a black guy if he wants some grits or something patently offensive. You Christians lump us atheists as these horrible people who need to be converted and shouldn't be allowed any rights until we do because we supposedly live in a "Christian Nation". So excuse me if I get touchy, but don't you lump me with something else before you look at your religion's violent history. Dick.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Asmodean Prime

Well, Bigmac, I agree with you about Islam and Christianity locked in a 'knock down war', but I think this had been perpetrated, maintained and promoted by those higher up in authority, not the ordinary people.

Seems like you're not willing to converse with me on a civilized level any more, Bigmac.  Oh, well.  So be it.

I like the way you changed my name to onlyretarded though.   That was quite funny.  Not true, but funny.