News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

HAF Book Club a dead horse?

Started by Sandra Craft, March 20, 2019, 09:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

If there's still interest in this, I could use more suggestions on books to add to the list -- we currently have 3 fiction and 5 non-fiction books.  A few more fiction suggestions would be nice.

If there isn't any more interest, I can just run out the list we have and then take a break.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Sandy you have been a real champ with running the book club.  I am much in favor of book clubs even though I have not participated in reader discussions.  My bad.  I have in fact read some of the past selections when they were available from my library.  As a certified cheap skate I am not inclined to go out to Books A Million or Barnes and Noble or even Amazon.  Sooner or later the book will become available at the library but that may not be during the club discussion interval.   If we continue I will try to loosen up a little bit and participate.

Whether we continue or not, I thank you sincerely for the effort you have put into the project.  I think that you deserve one of these..... :grouphug:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on March 20, 2019, 07:59:07 PM
Whether we continue or not, I thank you sincerely for the effort you have put into the project.  I think that you deserve one of these..... :grouphug:

Awww, thank you.  It's been fun to do this, but I have no problem with taking a break either.  The book club has stopped and started up again before.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany