News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 12, 2018, 05:11:18 AM

This is so true. Our grandson has been reduced to tears by some of the non-sequiturs in word problems.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 13, 2018, 08:31:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 12, 2018, 05:11:18 AM

This is so true. Our grandson has been reduced to tears by some of the non-sequiturs in word problems.

Not only kids. On a course at a further education vocational college we were taught how to solve quadratic equations in year three.

What we were not taught was how to recognise that a practical problem had a quadratic solution and how to parse it out - the form the exam questions were in.

That was the year only two in a class of 12 passed practical maths (one had a higher qualification and the other was redoing that year) - and no appeal was allowed.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Posting that last, for some reason that I cannot fathom, I was reminded of an utterly stupid rhyme that made us giggle insanely when I was about 10 yoa:

"The Yellow Rose of Texas and the Man from Laramie
Went to Davey Crocket's to have a cup of tea.
The tea was so delicious they had another cup
And left poor Davey Crocket to do the washing up."

The tune was, of course, "The Yellow Rose of Texas."

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Not sure if this is the right place but it amused me.

Rocking and rolling, on a roller coaster, can be a cure for rocks in the kidneys! Lots of sideways and negative/positive g forces on a ride, especially on a fullish bladder, "massages" the kidneys, mobilises kidney stones and causes them to be more likely to be passed into the bladder. Just remember your diaper and take prophylactic pain killers in case they pass all the way out!

Seems the back seats in the car are most efficacious.

Bluenose

Quote from: Dave on September 14, 2018, 08:38:50 AM

Rocking and rolling, on a roller coaster, can be a cure for rocks in the kidneys! Lots of sideways and negative/positive g forces on a ride, especially on a fullish bladder, "massages" the kidneys, mobilises kidney stones and causes them to be more likely to be passed into the bladder. Just remember your diaper and take prophylactic pain killers in case they pass all the way out!

I'm sorry, my eyes crossed completely inside out just reading that!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Dave on September 14, 2018, 08:38:50 AM

Back seat for me, then. I've never cared for roller coasters. Then again, I've never had a kidney stone. From the effects they have on people I know who do have them, I consider that a good thing.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Dark Lightning

Dave

Me too! Saved for furure use. Might even print and frame it for my fun wall.