News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

HAF Age Distribution Census

Started by Recusant, July 21, 2016, 06:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Lark on August 03, 2018, 01:05:05 PM
Why didn't you leave the old one alone and have a new one called Census 2018 ?.  Maybe some one would have rememberd the year of the 1st one and then you are creating an intereasting record.  I don't think  it is usual to just destroy a census.  Oh well, never mind, I suppose.

P.S.  How many members are there ?

The reason I did it was to get some engagement from the membership. If engagement continues to fall like it is then the forum will have to shut up shop in a couple of years and the demographic of the membership will be meaningless. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on August 03, 2018, 02:52:27 PM
Quote from: Lark on August 03, 2018, 01:05:05 PM
Why didn't you leave the old one alone and have a new one called Census 2018 ?.  Maybe some one would have rememberd the year of the 1st one and then you are creating an intereasting record.  I don't think  it is usual to just destroy a census.  Oh well, never mind, I suppose.

P.S.  How many members are there ?

The reason I did it was to get some engagement from the membership. If engagement continues to fall like it is then the forum will have to shut up shop in a couple of years and the demographic of the membership will be meaningless.

Can we push the forum on Facebook (if you are not already doing so)? Or do we have to let the rules slip so the less desirables (currently) are attracted? They are a demographic as well!  :grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Reset votes so we can do this again :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

Bunch of old farts on this forum.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

I won't say who, but Pam's partner's birthstone is magma.

xSilverPhinx

It's interesting that from 51 to 75 years old we get what looks like a normal distribution! :grin:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

That's because our age group is the most "normal".  Everyone else is abnormal.

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 23, 2020, 03:37:30 PM
Calling me normal is a bit farfetched.  :grin:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

:lol: I'll take that as a compliment!  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

We're putting more rock down to cover our parkway. The neighbor came over and offered up about 4 wheelbarrows' worth of rocks and flagstone. I got two of them across the street, but I'm waiting for one of my sons to get home from work to move the rest. She wants them gone, and doesn't want any money. I'll do something nice, though. It's about $200 worth of rocks. I'm getting too old (68) for that sort of heavy lifting. I used to be able to do it all day long. I'm sitting here with a back brace on waiting for the naproxen to kick in so I can go get a shower.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 23, 2020, 06:14:38 PM
We're putting more rock down to cover our parkway. The neighbor came over and offered up about 4 wheelbarrows' worth of rocks and flagstone. I got two of them across the street, but I'm waiting for one of my sons to get home from work to move the rest. She wants them gone, and doesn't want any money. I'll do something nice, though. It's about $200 worth of rocks. I'm getting too old (68) for that sort of heavy lifting. I used to be able to do it all day long. I'm sitting here with a back brace on waiting for the naproxen to kick in so I can go get a shower.

:snicker1: It gets to us all in the end!

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on November 23, 2020, 07:05:26 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 23, 2020, 06:14:38 PM

:snicker1: It gets to us all in the end!

In the end!? I'm not going to go into the state of my hemorrhoids, except to say that they got me in the end, too.  :-[

Bluenose

I'll have you know I'm not normal.  Normal people watch those stupid sitcoms on TV.  I never want to be normal...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Bluenose on November 24, 2020, 01:59:21 AM

I'll have you know I'm not normal.  Normal people watch those stupid sitcoms on TV.  I never want to be normal...

I'll weigh in and say that, yes a lot of people watch sitcoms. Not sure what is "normal" with that, but I quit watching that shit decades ago. I got married in '81, and my bride had to ask her parents for an old B&W TV that they had in their attic, because I wouldn't buy a new TV. We weren't "poor" even though I was the only wage earner at the time. TV programming is shit, as far as I am concerned, and has been so for 50 years, by my estimate. There is, of course, good programming, but from the shit I see, most of it is not. I believe that there was a documentary called "The Stupefaction of America" that described the problem. Maybe it was a written document, idunno, and can't be bothered to go look...TV is mostly shit.