News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander

Extropian

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "Extropian"Bangers and mash out of the question.

Made up one of my favourite dishes. Fluffy boiled rice [boiled in salted water] drained and washed. pinch of lemon pepper.
Drain can of mackerel or salmon and drink juice and do same with can baby peas or sliced beans.

One of the best inventions ever is the non stick rice cooker.  I wash the rice before cooking only, and I will never boil rice in water again.  Oh and you should have put that canned fish residue in the "What Are You Drinking Right Now? " thread, though in the interests of good taste I hope it doesn't catch on.

My wife has a non-stick rice cooker. It's great for making rice pudding, but useless for making fluffy rice where each rice grain is separate from its neighbour.

As for the canned fish juices, it is no different from fish soup. The fish is cooked in the can in brine. The soup is highly nutritious, containing much valuable fish oil. Do you dry your canned fish of every morsel of moisture before considering it fit for human consumption? The liquid drained from the peas or beans is equally nutritious. I hope in the interest of common sense your ignorance doesn't catch on. Though I'm certain that faddishness will always trump good sense in some communities.

The consumption of the liquids is not considered part of the meal, but simply a by-product of making the meal. It is consumed in the same manner as one runs a finger around the interior of the icing bown when making a cake. There would be no sense in making a separate drinking episode of it.

Extropian
Few nations have been so poor as to have but one god. Gods were made so easily, and the raw material cost so little, that generally the god market was fairly glutted and heaven crammed with these phantoms.
Robert Green Ingersoll
Read more: http://www.brainy

terranus

Herr's Kansas City Prime Steak flavored Potato Chips...mmmm...
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

Feanor Thunder

Nuthin'...though I got a hankerin' for some fried chicken! Either that or venison...mhm mhm!

--FT

JuggernautJon

Just got finished with my boxing class so I'm a bit hungry...2 sun dried tomato turkey and pepperjack cheese wraps. Made with jalapeno cheddar tortillas. And I'm pounding my daughters' Danimals Smoothies like I have a problem...
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

terranus

QuoteAnd I'm pounding my daughter...like I have a problem...

Isn't it fun to take things out of context?
Trovas Veron!

Ulver

I had a cobb salad from the cafeteria. It was...meh...a court cafeteria salad haha.

JuggernautJon

Quote from: "terranus"
QuoteAnd I'm pounding my daughter...like I have a problem...

Isn't it fun to take things out of context?

Haha wowwwwwwww
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

terranus

Trovas Veron!

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Bump

Falafels with cherry toms, baby chestnut mushrooms, salad stuff and a dip made from mayonaise, tomato and garlic purees and a little cayenne pepper.

Decided a healthy-ish meal was in order. Except that those who tend to suffer gout should avoid: chick peas, mushrooms and spring onions. But, if you can't live dangerously now and again . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

The blood, the guts, and the will of my enemies!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on February 05, 2017, 05:02:34 PM
The blood, the guts, and the will of my enemies!

I hear the will tastes divine! :let'seat:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Tonight it's 3/4 hotdog night. Kinda ordinary but easy to make, so...

I call it 3/4 because one essential ingredient is missing. I have bread, something that resembles a meat sausage :notsure:, ketchup but no mustard. :sadshake:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Chopped tomatoes, cucumber bits, celery bits, sweet pepper bits, sweet onion bits, garlic, wine vinegar, olive oil,  dash of oregano, cumin, cilantro, some chicken broth. Throw all that stuff together and it becomes Icarus style Gaspacho.  Salt, sugar, and tabasco sauce optional.  Served with a nice crusty bread it is tasty and also healthy.  It is to be served cold. The mix and melded tastes improve with an overnight stint in the refrigerator. It will keep for two to three days if kept refrigerated.  I made some of that this evening. Easy to make. Prep time: about 30 minutes. Cooking time: None.  Cost: very moderate but depends on vegetable prices.

Canned tomatoes work well enough, they are cheaper than fresh ones where I am which is right in the middle of a huge corporate tomato farming district.