News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Definitely feeling euphoric. Listening to a new playlist on a Sunday afternoon after eating some chocolate makes for a strange mix. 

I feel like  :blahblah:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Quote from: jumbojak on November 30, 2018, 09:57:56 PM
Jeebus, the local cops shot a 2 by 4 welding man at the ferry so now the boat is out of service. I guess I can sleep in my car tonight...

Did you have to sleep in the car?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

No, they had reopened by the time I got off work.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Do you know if the chap they shot was killed?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

HAF's been kind of slow today. :(

This can't go on. I expect to see lots of posts when I come home from school/work!  :domanatrix:

jumbojak

Quote from: Chikatome on December 03, 2018, 08:39:28 AM
Do you know if the chap they shot was killed?

He survived the shooting but was taken to Riverside Hospital. Whether he survives his stay there is up in the air.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 04, 2018, 07:38:08 PM

This can't go on. I expect to see lots of posts when I come home from school/work!  :domanatrix:

What exactly would you like me to post about?

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 04, 2018, 10:02:58 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 04, 2018, 07:38:08 PM

What exactly would you like me to post about?

Anything. :grin:

Buddy

Does anyone else have words that they just can't pronounce? I get tongue tied every time I try to say rear-wheel drive.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on December 05, 2018, 01:28:26 PM
Does anyone else have words that they just can't pronounce? I get tongue tied every time I try to say rear-wheel drive.
Not that I am aware of. But that may change as there are lots of words I have yet to here.
Did you sort out your wet boot problem.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

I used to have trouble with "tournament" but have gotten better. My father pronounced quite a few words in odd ways and it rubbed off on me. I speak softly and fairly slowly though, so that helps a lot.

Buddy

Quote from: Tanksinatra on December 05, 2018, 01:45:29 PM
Not that I am aware of. But that may change as there are lots of words I have yet to here.
Did you sort out your wet boot problem.

My car is at the dealer now they kicked up a fuss because I didn't have the carpeted cover as I had thrown it out. It was moldy and disgusting so I didn't want it to stay in my car. I had to call my boyfriend to fish it out of the garbage so I can bring it to the dealership when I return the loaner l.

It has not been a good few weeks
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

In English I sometimes forget to pronounce 'pronunciation' correctly, saying 'pronounce-iation' instead. But hell, when I get nervous I speak quickly, and words sort of come out as a jumbled string of incomprehensible verbiage. :lol: 

Brazilians in general have a tough time with words such as 'year' (saying 'ear' instead) and 'whirlwind' (too many grouped consonants.). 'Two' and 'chew' may sound the same, chew too.

xSilverPhinx

It's 15 past midnight and I feel too tired to sleep. Never thought that was possible -- but it is. The alarm clock's been set, I'm supposed to wake up in 6 hours, and I know with each passing minute I'll regret not lying on my bed staring at the ceiling while trying to doze off.

:count sheep:

jumbojak

I find its better to run on zero sleep than very little sleep compared to what you would normally get in a night. Something kicks in to keep you going. A certain, quiet ferocity awakens. It might just be stress but it works well for me.